Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cervix towards left or right???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Cervix towards left or right???

My cervix is towards the left...during IUI they sometimes have a hard time getting a hold of it...does anyone else also have cervix not in the center?? Does that mean anything?? Can this be a cause of infertility??
Yes, I do have that problem.  My cervix goes to the right and my doctor did have a hard time to get it to the point she can do IUI.  

I do not know for sure, maybe next time i will ask my doctor about it....  My cervix moved every direction.  :-(
Well I have a tilted uterus (or retroverted as they call it). I'm sure that would make your cervix go in a different direction.  I conceived twice successfully without even trying so I'm sure you shouldn't have any problems.  You might want to try different positions though.  Sometimes I hear that rear-entry is good to increase your chances.

I think the retroverted uterus can cause back pain or more menstrual pain, depending on which way it tilts.

Good luck!!
I have a normal uterus...only my cervix is towards the left....someone was saying that it could be a sign of endo...my RE has not told me anything of that sort...but i would like to know if the cervix that is not in the center is a symptom of anything
im googling now trying to see if i can find anything about this....intresting question
so far i have gathered it doesnt sound like its a problem...as long as your cervix is opening regardless of which side the openig...sperm will swim in

i have not found any link to endo associated with a cervix that is left or right
I googled a lot too...all i got were some post saying they had cervix located on side...but nothing beyond that, thus I though I'd ask here.

I think it was Heather's RE or Ob/GYN who indicated its possible relation to endo.

By nurse always tells me that it is my anatomy. I have a consult with my RE on 27th...will definitely ask him then. In the mean time, any inputs are helpful...i will continue to research
hi

I am new to this but my RE had a hard time during IUI as they had a hard time inserting the catheter, finally they succedded but did not work.  I wonder if this si because my cervix is tilted
I think a tilted cervix is pretty common, but it can make it a bit more difficult to get the catheter in for an IUI. I have the same issue (can't remember if it tilts to the left or right), but my RE drew a little diagram noting how it tilts, so after my first IUI, it was a lot easier. Best of luck to you!
Does that impact my chances of getting prego because as you may know, its all about that
A tilted cervix in and of itself should not affect your chances.

:-)
Hi, was wondering if someone could help. A couple years ago I had a smear test and the nurse had trouble doing it as she said my cervix was in a strange place and its lower down than it should be. Can anyone tell me what this means? I have been trying for a baby for a few months and so far no luck, is this anything to do with my cervix?
I wish i had answers for you all, but i have questions instead...  I have known that I have a tilted uterus for quite some time but never my cervix.. I have kept a very good chart of my cervical position for sometime.  I have had 2 bearings and countless miscarriages.  I can only assume that it is because of my cervical position and uterus. Each time I charted my pregnancies and miscarriages however, my cervical  position was always upright and normal. this cycle I am tilted. Could that mean that this could mean a healthy gestation instead? I do not know. But I wish. and my wishes extend to all of you who wish to conceive. God and Goddess bless us all..
I just wanted to know if the cervix is on the left will that lessens the chances of getting pregnant?