Chance of pregnancy at 39
My husband and I have been having unprotected sex for about 2 year without resulting in a pregnancy. I am soon going to turn 39. I know that my chances to get pregnant are low at this age but I am wondering what the exact chance is to get pregnant in the next year?
Both I and my husband are healthy, normal weight, no smoking or alcohol. He had two childred in his previous marriage. M periods are still regular usually 26 to 27 days (ranging 25-29) Does this  mean I am still ovulating?
My periods are very short for the last several years, mostly 3 days, sometimes only 2. Could that be a problem?  I start spotting few days before the period.  What would be the most fertile days in my cycle?  
What are the most common reasons for infertility at my age and what can be done to result in succesful pregnancy?
Thank you
Hope this helps. Here is a website that explains how to understand your fertility. Go get you a BBT thermometer. I got mine at Walgreens for $10.00.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/

I also chart these on this website. It is free, but I bought the VIP membership since it was more comprehensive.

Also, since you have been having unprotected sex for awhile now, you may also want to see a RE, reproductive endocrinologist. They specialize in helping you to conceive, they will probably ask that you start charting and such to begin with just to see if you are in fact ovulating and then go from there. Some RE's are different though and given your age and the length of time you have been TTC'ing they may jump right into testing.
I ttc since my late teens and got pg the 1st time at 40. The best place to start is with your gynocologist. Schedule an appt and explain the lack of conception. Ask them to run a blood panel including a day 3 FSH, Lh and E2.  These #'s will help indicate ovarian reserve. After that, you should have a progesterone check somewhere around the 21st day of your cycle. This # will show if you are ovulating. You can still have regular periods and not ovulate. For your cycle lengths, the most fertile window is from day 10-14.  As we get older, the egg doesn't last as long one it is released. The 24 hr life span is not accurate. It is more likely around 10-12hrs. It is important to have sperm waiting for the release of the egg. Timing becomes much more important after the age of 35.
Don't give up....my cousin and her husband just turned 40 and they have tried for a long time...they just got pg on their own.  It can happen.  Good Luck.
In my sisterscommunity she met over 12 moms who got pregnant betweens ages 38 - 42. They had a playgroup for older moms with kids under five. They organised it on meetup.com.

To maybe meet women over 35 who have gotten pregnant why not check out meetup.com and see if there are such playgroups in your area. Even if they are not specifically for moms over 35, you can bet that there are pleanty of moms over 35 in the group.

Let the leaders of the group know why you would like to join, and I bet they will be very understanding.

Good Luck with Everything!!
if you really want a baby, i would consult a RE.  the reason your not conceiving could be taken care of quickly and it might not happen without help.
good luck
Oh, and fertilityfriend is wonderful, so be sure to check it out.

I URGE YOU to see a reproductive endocrinologist ASAP. You may have to travel a distance, and your insurance may not cover it, but so many women have made the effort and in the end they are able to have a child. Many, many RE practices have finance payment plans, so please don't let the cost scare you away.

Please, please, please make your search for a reproductive endocrinologist priority one. Who knows your issue may be super minor and after treated you could be counting the months until YOU become a mom. Don't wait...
all good advise. i've got one more thing to add - please do some research on thyroid disorders.

speak with your gp, gyn, endocrinologist, or fertility specialist. don't give up!

if you suffer from thyroid issues, symptoms may include hair loss, dry eye, patches of dry and itchy skin, menstrual disorders of all types, weight changes, goiter, and so much more.

these symptoms come on slowly, so it is easy to discount them.

bloodwork should include tsh for pituitary function, ft3, ft4, and thryroid autoantibodies (tgab, tpo, tgi) are the bare minimum.

also consider checking prolactin levels for pituitary tumors. an mri may be required, with or without contrast.

do your homework so you know what the docs are ordering. get copies of all labs and ranges of all values. you paid for it; it is yours.

you may have to do lots of pushing to get your doc to tests. i did. and i now have hypothyroidism with hashimoto's. i probably would have been diagnosed with grave's if the docs read the symptoms earlier.

thyroid disease can change directions in the blink of an eye. but proper treatment is decided, the patient usually finds relief. this could take a while.

you can search for my posts on this site as i've gone along on this journey.

good luck.

ps. we are now having one of our dogs checked for thyroid problems. we both might be taking the same meds!