Well we are planning on doing ivf in June, and I was wondering what the chances are of twins ! I really want twins and that's what I want to try for . I feel twins would be awesome! Any input would be helpful, thanks
Your true chance of twins with IVF and placing 2 eggs in is between 15-20%. Your chance of general conception-and it varys from office to office clinic to clinic. but general rule of thumb is 45% weither it is your first ivf or your 4th the odds dont change. and the odds of both eggs implanting is 25-35% of that so about 15-20% chance of twins from the 45-50% of success in general.
Hope that helps and Good luck
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.