Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Chances of getting pregnant a few days before your period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

What a re the chances of getting pregnant about 4 or five days before your period starts?
I'd say your chances are slim to none if you have a regular cycle and you know for sure when AF is due.  If your AF already came and you're concerned then I'd say none.  I don't know if you meant your AF is due or if it already came.  How often are your cycles?
I am sorry But I am not sure what AF means.
I'm sorry, I assumed you knew.  But AF stands for Aunt Flow (your period).
Okay, now that I know what AF means.  My Af is due in about 3 to 4 days or maybe sooner.  Would I be able to get pregnant at this time as my AF is due so soon?
it dosent make sense...no i dont think so if ur do for AF in 3-4 days you have already ovulated so i would have to say no! you can only get preg. rite before you ovualte and on the day you ovualte depending on the life of the sperm...this is what i was told i could be wrong but im pretty sure...you ovulate every 14 days ...lets say you get ur AF on the 1ft...u count from that day till day 14 thas when you ovulate...use OPK..and start testing from cd12 to cd16 some people ovulate later some earlier...than 14 days after that you should get ur AF ...thas how i calculta,....GOOD LUCK!
Right, if you're due in 3-4 days for AF you can't conceive now.  You need to find out when you ovulate.  Do a google search on BBT charting and OPK tests and you can pinpoint when you ovulate.  

Good luck!
Thanks for all the help.  I will checkout the websites.
actually, you CAN ONLY get pregnant if you ovulate.  if no egg is released, then there can be no pregnancy.  depending on when a woman ovulates depends on when she can get pregnant.  some women that don't have regular cycles could ovulate early, right after their periods, or late - right before their periods.  if they ovulate early and had intercourse while they were on their periods, then yes there is a chance for them to conceive.

so - paranoidpattie was right.  you can only get pregnant when you ovulate.  but - that could be at any time during ones cycle.  

PS - this forum is used for words of encouragement and any hands on experience.  maybe you could have said what you said a little differently.

thanks!
So i have a question...
girls ovulate like for 2 days,
so the chances of getting prego would be like 2 days out of 30ish?
i need to know, because i have unprotected sex 5 days before my period then the day before my period. the one the day before my period the guy ejectulated in me and now my period is 3 days late...
im worried any help would be helpful  
Is it possible to get pregnant 2-5 days before your cycle....still have your cycle as scheduled then be late for the next one? I ask this because they say you can't tell your pregnant that early anyway so...is it possible?
Can you get pregnant if you had oral sex and you suspect that some sperm might have gone near your areas? I did so maybe 2 days before my period, although I am a virgin I never had real sex, and my period is 5 days late now. I don't understand much about this, can someone help? I am scared! Thank you!
what are the chances if you are a few days before period and had the guy withdraw? assuming ovulation occured a while back already
I I saw my period august 28th 2012 and I had sex with my boyfriend on the 8th of sept. And   had sex with him again on the 20th of same month and now I'm supose to see my period on the 25th of sept. And i didn't see it, I went for a test and it shows that I'm pregnant. Please how can I know how long the pregnancy is? I want to know if its happened on the 8th or on the 20th.. I went for an ultraSound and nothing was seem. Please help me, I want to know how old the pregnancy is. Thanks
i had unprotected sex 2 days before my period and im 6 days late, i took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it came on nagative but still no period...please help!!!what should i do?