Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Charting--implantation dip and triphasic chart...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Is it possible for a chart to be considered triphasic if there is a rise in temp after O, just 1 higher temp, a fallback rise, then another huge rise in temp?

My temping pattern over the last few days has been a little erratic--my son let me sleep in a couple of days, so I temped about an hour late, the today's temp is probably off because I got NO sleep last night!  I had only slept for maybe 2 1/2 hours when I temped this morning.

Anyway, can you give some feedback--I dont even know if the lower temp 5 DPO could be considered an implantation dip or not.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/swerve1
Your chart looks very good! I don't think it could be considered triphasic, though, since the third level of temperatures would be detected after the embryo implants (at least that's how I understood it). But the dip at 5 dpo could be an implantation dip. If you don't usually see such a dip, it could definitely be a good sign! Personally, I get these dips every month, whether I'm pregnant or not...so in my case it's normal :-) LOL! But like I said, if it's not normal for you, it could be a very good sign!

I'm 9 dpo today, so we're pretty close, but my temps are acting really weird this month. Up and down every day (although still above my coverline). I'm not sure if it is because it finally started to get cooler outside here or what, but for now, I'm just  taking is one day at a time...and one temperature at a time :-)

Good luck this month!
Well, this is only my second month charting so I really dont know what is and what's not normal for me.  I did have a big dip last month, but not until 11 DPO.  So this one at 5 DPO is much earlier...

who knows what it all means!?

Looking really good! I agree, not considered triphasic. There would be 3 distinct levels of temps like stair steps up. Pre-o, post o, then a 3rd rise that stays up. BUT, definitely a fine looking chart :)
Well, I know that even a triphasic chart doesnt always indicate a pregnancy--I guess I'm just grasping at straws!

I'm not planning on testing at home at all.  I have my yearly exam with my OBGYN next Thursday so hopefully they'll test me then.  I'll be CD 33 and 20 days past trigger (approx. 17 DPO) so hopefully I'll get an accurate result!

Can someone answer me this--I know you O the day before your temp begins to rise.  I'm wondering, then, why FF had my Oing on CD 16 and not CD 15.  I had a big dip on CD 15 and my temp started to creep up on CD 16--so might I have O'd on CD 15?

im 7dpo today, you girls are gonna be testing with me! yay! just wanted to post mine (again) i have become a FF addict now too, to go along with POAS, this site, TWW, etc. This is my 1st month charting JTD, so i am right here with ya. i dont know what it means either.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/babyvol

good luck to you all!
OK--CLEARLY not a triphasic chart, as my temp was down a bit this morning.  But, I didnt adjust the random open-circled temps for the time difference in temping...maybe I should do that and the chart wouldnt look so weird.

Anyway, I'm only on CD 25 and I cant imagine that I'm heading for a 28 day cycle--I've never had one before in my life.  Even last month on clomid my cycle was still 33 days!  I dont have much hope for this month, but I'd like to keep a little glimmer...

I know that temping really makes no sense for me because I am on the progesterone suppositories.  I think I'm just going to stop altogether now (I know I said it before)--I know I O'd so there is no reason to keep doing it!

I did go back and adjust 1 temp, so now my chart looks a little cleaner for the last couple of days.

I've been having a lot of cramping today--actually, cramping isnt the best word to describe it.  It's more like a aching feeling in my lower abdomen.  Almost a hot feeling, too--weird!

Hi girls! Looks like we all have some "up and down" temperatures this month. Here's my chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8067

But we're all above our coverlines, so that's good!

When are you guys testing? Or are you waiting to see if you get AF first?

By the way, JTDs Mom, the dull ache feeling could be a very good sign. I had that both times I got pregnant (unfortunately, both ended in a miscarriage). It was one of my very first signs!
Also, I think the reason FF put your o date on CD 16 and not on CD 15, is because they like to see a sharper rise to indicate ovulation. The change in temperatures was less than .1 between the two days, so I think that's why.
You know, I'm not planning on testing at home at all this month.  I go in for my yearly exam next Thursday which will be CD 33, so if af hasnt come yet I'm going to have them do a test for me then.

Last month I had several false-positives because the trigger shot stayed in my system for 16-17 days and it was really hard on me, so I'd rather just not test at all and let them do it at the doctor's office!

Last month I had a 33 day cycle, soCD 33 should give me an accurate result.

My temp continues to dip a little today, so my chart looks like a steady decline...I hope that doesnt mean bad things!  I'm still over my coverline, but my temps have been steadily going down.