Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid + Follistim? Both? Does that sound right?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

My RE has agreed to add moderate doses of injectibles to my clomid this month.  But everyone else on the forum appears to be taking the injectibles alone without clomid.  I will be doing 100 mg clomid days 2-6, then Follistim (75) once per day for at least six days...  I am worried this may be too much taking both the clomid and follistim?  At least that is a low dosage of follistim, right?  I am very new to these injections so any comments are appreciated...I am soooo hoping we all get our Christmas miracles, Ladies!!!  
I have done this combination 3 times.Unfortunately clomit for me never worked i didn't ovulate not even once.Then the next step is injectables but cause i have PCO my Re said i was gonna OHSS with only injectables so he put me on this combination.I took 200mg clomit+150 follistim but only 3 days.Those were enough for me.And the HCG the last day. I developed 4 follicles and got pregnant 3 times but m/c all 3. My doctor said that probrably the egg quality was not good seeing as the test were coming back normal.And i only did timed Bd and not the IUI. For me it worked even though it dind't end in a happy ending. Good luck to you.
I did the clomid and follistim combination my last cycle with IUI...unfortunately the clomid thinned my lining too much and resulted in a BFN. I would ask your RE about that possibility too...maybe he can just put you on low doses of follistim only?
I did femara + follistim three times.. two out of those three have gotten preg!  (miscarried both though : (    )   for me i think that i'm on the femara due to my endo.. it supresses estrogen so that helps the endo not get as bad i think.. GOOD LUCK! : )
Hey Girl,

I would definitely go with that combo, that is the same one I used to get pregnant this time. I wish you lots of luck and baby dust. =)
Thanks to all for your responses.  I have one more question.  My dr. wants me to start the follistim (75) on day cd6 for at least six days straight, then go for an ultrasound on day cd12.  Doesn't he need to monitor me earlier than day 12 with these injections?  

Is 6 consecutive days of follistim the normal protocal?  

I have read most people say every other day, etc.   But not every single day...

Fawn, i know you had success with this :-) how many injections did you do?  

Anybody else?  All responses are much appreciated!!