Clomid & Progesterone
This is my first month on Clomid.  My OB/GYN had me taking progesterone suppositories "after ovulation" (she's not too specific on when to start the progesterone).  This month, she told me (during the same appointment) to

1. Take the progesterone suppositories a few days after ovulation.

2. Get a Day 22 progesterone test done.

Presumably, I will start the prog. before I get my Day 22 test.  I have been determining ovulation based on OPK's and temperatures.  After thinking about it, I wondered about taking prog. before taking the Day 22 test.  It seems like supplements would skew the test results -- testing to see if I O'd.  However, I worry about NOT taking the progesterone soon enough.  

I asked the nurse today (had an u/s to check follicle development).  First she said to wait until after the Day 22 test to take the prog.  I asked if it would be okay if I got pregnant...wanted to make sure I didn't hurt my chances of staying pregnant.  She said, "The doctor knows what she's doing...why don't you leave it to her to do her job?"  I said that I was listening to the doctor, but she had told me two different things.  Then the nurse said I could take the progesterone after ovulation, but it would skew the test results.  

Finally, the nurse told me to do whatever the doctor said to do.  BUT the doctor told me to do both things!  So confused.

Has anyone gone through this before?  What did your doctor have you do? (This is not an RE, so sometimes I'm not sure...)

Thanks for even reading all of this!

Hey, my Re had me take progesterone with clomid this cycle.  I had an IUI, so mine is a little different, but they were very specific in that I was to start taking the progesterone the day after the IUI.  I had a trigger shot too, so it would have been the day after I ovulated.  Oh, and I"m supposed to continue taking them until I'm about 8 weeks pregnant (assuming this IUI works)  I hate it when doctors are vague like that. We're paying them for this, the least they can do is to give us clear instructions!   Good luck with everything!