Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid, cramping, lower abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid, cramping, lower abdominal pain

I am on my first cycle of clomid (day 22) and I have been having some intense lower abdominal pain, bloating, and cramping.  It seems to get worse as the day progresses (in the morning's it doesn't hurt as bad).  It was really bad yesterday (day 21) and my husband and I couldn't even have sex because I could feel a pressure/pain during it.  Is this normal??  I read somewhere that taking clomid can cause cysts on your ovaries...should I go to the doctor.  My breast are starting to feel tender as well, so maybe it is just mentral pain.  But I have never had this type of mentral pain before (but then again I don't get a regular period either...)
hallow i to am on my firt cycle of clomid [day 21] am not getting any pain ar you shur its the clomid thats githing you the pain ? post me back wish lots and lots of you luck .,.ps clomid is bloating me to
Hi.  I'm on my 3rd cycle of clomid.  I had two at 50mg & this one was 100mg.  I didn't have any negative symptoms the first two cycles, but this time I had a lot of heaviness in my stomach, like I really felt my ovaries working.  That's the only way I can describe it.  My ovaries hurt !  My doctor said it was normal, so I didn't worry.  The only thing that concerns me is that you said you had pain when bd'ing.  I've never personally had an ovarian cyst, but you might feel better if you give your doctor a call.  She/he can at least alleviate your concerns :)  Good luck !
hi'
i'm on my first cycle of clomid and feel terrible. i'm up all night weeing, bloating stomach, cramps, feeling sick, eating loads, and gone off cofee but apparently its normal. as pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) are a side effect. ehh
hi

Its day 20 for me on the first round of clomid 50g and i have really bad abdominal pain for the past few days and no other side effects! any one else felt this pain or have any advice.
Your symptoms are normal. A great thread to see here is "What cycle of clomid are you on? Any side effects?" The ladies there have  a lot of experience and good advice. The intense achey (achy)-nes s you feel in th epelvic region during BD is also something I've had. I am on my 2nd round now and last cycle I had no side effects while taking the pills, but as O approached and especially after O I had three days of intense cramps in my legs, and strange feelings in my uterus. I know it was all the hormones... manyother ladies on that thread have had the few days of cramp/ache as you described. Worse at night than the morning. If it doesn't go away in a few days, then maybe you can call your dr. But your breasts will get super sore too. It's hard because lots of the symptoms are pregnancy symptoms so it can be tricky. HANG IN THERE! Good luck SSBD to you!
Hi everyone, I am cd 21 and this is also my first cycle on clomid 50 mg days 5-9.  I had an IUI on cd 16.  I have been having light cramping for a few days on and off and my lower back has been aching.  My breast have also been sore on and off - today they are really sore.  I am trying not to over analyze my symptoms since I still have just over 1 week before i can take a pregnancy test.  Good luck to all of you!
hi guys,
im on cycle one to0 tried 50 mg will get my ovulation result on monday ,
i feel vey sick too, sometimes i get hungry n den all of a sudden i dont want to eat , im bloated almost all the time and gettin stomach cramps very often in my lower abdomen and sometimes like in my ovaries but im used to these cramps coz i get 'em all the time almost 10 days before my periods :( i do have pcos n i hate it . i get headaches to0 hey but guess wat the best way to treat is go for a walk n it has helped me so0o much ....
have been ttc for 2 years cant wait to get wat we all want.
good luk guys ...
i was in 1st round clomid  i feel lower abdominal cramps, like im going to have a period. then i decided to consult my OBGYN and she found out i have UTI she gave me cepalin 500mg for 7days and now im going to visit her again for follow uo check up, praying all is fine now and pregnant
Aloha, I took clomid as well and I am now pregnant after my 5th cycle. I had infertility issues and my husband and I have been doing clomid treatments for about a year. Yes it does increase the risk of cysts on your ovaries, or in my case I believe it increased the size. Now I was diagnosed with a cyst and usually when my period comes along a few days before I began to feel a lot of cramping, which I thought was normal, but this cramping was more intense than usual and I figured it was because of the clomid. Period came, cramping disappeared because cyst was able to drain. Now because I got pregnant, the cyst didn't get to drain and I have had cramping for two weeks now. Cramping pain comes in waves of pain. I can go from 30 mins to 2 hours without having  cramping. On the dot, cramping will appear and it can range from mild cramping to severe cramping. I didn't know what it was at first, so I went to the emergency room, they diagnosed it as the cyst draining. I was still in a lot of pain, went to the emergency room again, they then diagnosed it as a kidney stone that they couldn't see in ultrasound. Went back to doctors and had a 3rd opinion and it went back to the cyst draining. Doctor looked at cyst and measured it, saw some fluids and voila! It was the cyst and it is draining because we can see in ultrasound that the cyst is getting smaller. What is also funny is my bowels are right near the cyst, so anytime I have bowel movement it pushes up against the cyst and causes cramping. A FEW TIPS THAT HELP WITH PAIN: Doctors gave me meds like Vicodin and Oxycodone, which is OK for baby to help with the pain, but sometimes it feels like it isn't. Walking in circles helps, deep calm breathing helps, also laying on a flat surface and rubbing your stomach in a downward motion helps so from your rib cage down to lower abdomen with breathing. IF you can't settle your stomach from rubbing at first, then get up and walk around and drink water. If you're noticing your cramping is related to your intestines and when you eat, drink lots of prune juice or get stool softeners. Also reflexology helps. Ask someone to rub the bottom of your feet under your big toe right next to the bone on the inside of your foot, so between big toe and second toe, if that area starts to hurt you have hit the spot of stomach reflexology and sometimes it works and the pain will subside. Hope this helps!
hey im having he samething you had weeing all parts of the night bloating etc.....were you pregnant or was it the meds?
Eish am also having the bloating especially at night and the vibrating thing in my lower stomach bt I really dnt knw am finished with my fertomid treatment and nw its my fifth day n I have sex everyday,I dnt knw when to check plz help