FERTILITY / INFERTILITY / IVF
COMMUNITY
Clomid After Miscarriage
by silkdesigns, Sep 26, 2008
I recently had a miscarriage. Currently I am in week 4 of bleeding from it. I am still passing very small pieces of tissue with the bleeding. I never really bled heavily. I was told by my doctor to wait to try to get pregnant till after I had my first good Cycle. So my question is, has anyone taken Clomid that quickly after a miscarriage? If so, did you get pregnant the first time with it and what are the chances of another miscarriage? I am 41, this would have been my first and only child.
Member Comments (8)
by smmast, Sep 26, 2008
I also had a recent miscarriage which was my first pregnancy. I then had a D&C. My Dr. followed my levels to zero, which took about two weeks and now i've been given the green light to start trying again with my next period. We will again be using Clomid. My Dr's feeling was that it was a successful strategy the first time. Question... have you been offered a D&C?
by silkdesigns, Sep 27, 2008
No I have not. Everyone keeps asking if I am going to have it done. The last 2 weeks my numbers have been stuck at 63.
by silkdesigns, Sep 29, 2008
I went again today for another blood test. The numbers were down to 24 this week. Hopefully next week they will be down to 0.
by Brown Eyed Gurl, Sep 30, 2008
I took clomid my first real cycle after my MC and I conceived triplets and lost one at 9 weeks but just delivered twins 9 weeks ago
by Brown Eyed Gurl, Sep 30, 2008
oh and I did have a D&C and after following my blood work to 0 and then after my first period I started the clomid and used OPK's and got a BFP 10DPO
by Latrice414, Sep 30, 2008
brown eyed gurl, were you taking clomid bcuz you were not ovulating or for other reasons
by silkdesigns, Oct 08, 2008
I finally stopped bleeding from my miscarriage. Now I wait to start my first period. Then I will start the Clomid. Anyone know of any side affects from clomid?
by ktg15, Feb 10, 2011
I just had a miscarriage at 18 weeks. I conceived the baby with clomid. I delivered the baby vaginally on February 1st. I want to start trying to have another baby immediately and I am wanting to use clomid. Will using the clomid with my very next period be too soon because this will be my very first period after the miscarriage.