Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid Buddy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid Buddy

Anyone starting Clomid today (CD 5)? This is my second cycle with clomid 50 mg and the first time didn't have any side effects.
Hi Mareski,
  Just wanted to wish you luck on your new clomid cycle!  As for me, I took a break from 100 mg clomid this month and tried natural.I did O and I am now on 4DPO. It is good to hear that you are not having side effects.I was fine on 50 mg but,when I took 100 mg I had bad cramping,headaches,and constipation. If I don't get a BFP this month I will try the clomid again. Best wishes!!
                                             Debbie
I just started clomid 50 mg today for the first time! They say to go in for lab on the 21 cycle day but thats on sat so should i go in that friday or the next monday? what would you do?
I started 100mg last night.  i'm taking it cd3-9, i tried 5-9 for three rounds and did not ovulate.

gardenroses- is there a lab open on saturday?  i would ask your doctor which one they want.
selaiwa- good luck! SSBD
I haven't started clomid and wanted to check on you ladies to see how things go through out the cycle (with bfp or bfn since I will be starting in August) I hope you ladies don't mind if i ask questions for pure knowledge :)
No open lab in this town on Saturdays except for ER stuff at the er. Yea i guess i'll just give them a call.

nickieb85- Welcome on in.
Oh, have another question!
I hear about clomid making your cycle longer than usual. so my normal cycles are around 32 days last one was 44 but does that mean it will extend it longer then the usual or just longer then the average 28 days for people.
Thank you again!
welcome nickieb85.
My cycles wer usually 28-29 days. I took 50 mg the 1st cycle and it extended my cycle 2 days.The 2nd cycle I went up to 100 mg and it was 5 days longer.  I ovulated later than usual on clomid, but eveyone is different.Just make sure that you take OPK's starting day 10 until you get a positive.The OPK lines are a bit difficult to interpret so I like to use the CB digital.It gives you a smiley face for a positive and is alot easier to time bd'ing.Good luck!!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!
Welcome!!! Not sure how much help I can be, since this is only my second try, but I bet as a group you'll be really ready for August!!
Boy did I miss an active day.

My cycles are 30 days, since I am doing provera to start my periods. Last time the OPK did not show positive, but my blood test showed I was O'ing that day.

The way my doctor has me scheduled for clomid is I take clomid starting at night on CD5 for 5 days. Then I begin OPK testing on the 4th day after the last clomid pill (CD 13). If the OPK is positive, I go in for a blood test test that day. If I don't detect a positive by the 4th day of OPK testing, they have me come in for blood work.

Last time I used the OPK with the lines and this time I am going to do the one with the smiley face. My husband was recently diagnosed with a low sperm count, so timing is everything.
How is everyone doing with the clomid this round? Haven't had any side effects except for being crabby.
I'm doing great! I don't think i have side effects, I might be getting more emotionally sensitive to things but thats not bad.  Last day of my little clomid pill today!
Hope you all had a good 4th! I worked 12 hr shifts the whole time.
yep, I am excited to be done with that part tonight also and now onto the fun part....baby dancing
So on to baby making!   My Dr. said to only do it every 3 days and no more. What are you ladies doing?
i'm having horrible cramps around my ovaries, mostly the left.  i'm going for an ultrasound tomorrow to see whats going on. i have never ovulated but doc told us to bd every other day.
It seems to vary with doctors and what they recommend. Some say every day, some say every other. I decided that we would do it every 1.5 days-2 days. My hubby has a low sperm count so I figured we would build those boys up. Of course hubby, sometimes can't wait that long and I give in.

I start OPK tests on Friday morning
what cd are you on, my dosage changed to cd 3-9 and i'm not sure when to start testing.  i started bbt this morning cd10.
wanabb- Hope all is well!  Let us know how you are doing.

I got +opk's even when i didn't O, but dr said there was just enough LH surge to show up on the test but not to make me O so I don't have much faith in those little tests.

Yea we don't stick to the 3 days only thing very well. Every other day sounds better to me. 3 just seams to long.
gardenroses- maybe thats why i had +opks every month but never ovulated.

the cramps went away so i cancelled the u.s. my doc says if it comes back she can do it saturday.  i'm hoping the pain means that the clomid is working.
I am on CD 13 today and was clomid 5-9. Today I start OPK
how is everyone doing with testing? I ended up forking over a little more this month to see if the digital OPK is better. will see.
I'm on day 16 now. Testing is going alright, i just use the inexpensive sticks. They seem to work. Have lab on 21 cycle day and how I just dread  getting that big needle. Yikes!
i'm cd15, i went for a follicle scan this morning... none, not one, the largest i had was only 6mm.  i'm so crushed, why isn't this working?  four rounds of clomid and no mature follicles!  my doc had bloodwork done today to on the slight chance i ovulated yesterday, i'm not getting my hopes up.  i'm so sick of feeling like i'm going to cry at any second, i just want to be me again :(
Hey ladies, went today for consultation with RE and she was optimistic that the only thing wrong is one cyst on my right ovaries. The sperm count was great.

She did say that I should have been doing my clomid CD 3-7 instead of 5-9. That was the instructions she had for the first round. I am not sure if that screwed up my clomid cycle. She wants me to keep testing and then come in on Wednesday for blood test to see if I ovulated.
Hello!

I just took my final dose of 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7).  I am going to use OPKs, but I am so nervous about when I am going to ovulate!  
I'm not sure my doctor's office will be available over the weekend (cd 12-13).  I need to call them tomorrow.
Also, I'm doing an IUI with donor sperm and it has to be used between cd 12-17.
I really need to calm down - there is nothing I can do but pray the timing works out.
Any advice would be SOOOO welcome.
Thanks ladies - and good luck to everyone : )
The doctor should be monitoring you with the OPK. If you get a positive you come in that day to get bloodwork and the next day you would have your IUI. Each office is a little different, so it is difficult to know how they will monitor you.
Ladies I think I just got a +opk! But its only cycle day 17.  Most the time i don't get a + till 18th day or the 24 day here i thought clomid would delay it too.   Well i'm pretty excited I think i even feel some Ovulation pain At least I hope thats what it is. Maybe I will work this time!!  
So excited!!
Clomid does delay, but if you got a positive you got a positive. yeah!!! get ready for baby dancing!!
Anyone else getting +opk's ?
Didn't get any + OPK. Going in for bloodwork on Friday to find out of I ovulated. My temps have not risen and the doc said that I should ovulate last wed-Friday. We'll see.

Did you get a + OPK Gardenrose?
Yes I did on the 14 it was my 17th cycle day. I just called to see if my lab results were in and my prog. was 16.3. Thats really good right? last month it was .08. Of course I was pretty sure I ovulated this time because I had a lot of pain in the ovary area.  I'm sorry it might not have worked for you this time, but maybe next time. Maybe you just need 100mg or something.
Good luck anyway
That's what I'm thinking that I need a higher dosage. We'll see on Friday.

That is great number. I've heard anything above 10 is good. Now the two week wait starts. :o)
Thank you guys for all welcoming me and i will definitely have plenty of time to ask questions about all of this clomid stuff. I hope that they give me higher than 50mg because I have only had one af in the last 7 months! Insane!
The Dr. reminded me i still only have a 20% chance of getting pg while ovulating. It was a depressing thought. I sure don't feel pg, usually i begin to feel breast tenderness by now. And yes the wait is no fun. Cycle day 26 now!

I think usually Dr's start almost every one on the 50 mg first, but how knows.

Good luck nickieb85
Hi ladies,

I had my appointment today for blood work to check if I ovulated. I didn't. I already had a feeling since I'm CD 27 and there has not been a significant increase in my temp. I didn't have any change in my boobs either.

They said for me to wait until CD 35 and if no AF, then I'll start provera. They did say they are going to increase my clomid this round to 100mg.
I AM sorry Provera *****. I have heard that clomid makes you crazy too but I am hoping for the best I am on day like 60 so Ill be happy to see her!
Wondering if i am missing something here, i read that a few of you ladies get blood work done on clomid for ovulation purposes, and soemthign called an OPK, can anyone explain what these 2 are for exactly.

I am on clomid, i have no problems but the Hubby has a low sperm count, bad motility, morphology and they do not live longer than 5 - 10 hours.  So i take clomid, take HcG shot to ovulate so we can time the IUI as close as possible. We check endometrium lining and follicle growth around day 12, 13, or  14 depedning on how they look via ultrasound, if they are large enough (21 - 24 mm) i will do the shot, and then do the IUI 36 hours later.

Any thoughts or comments much appreciated, as i'm 40 years old and with 1 miscarriage last year, hoping madly to get a BFP off this 3rd round of clomid.

My IUI will probably be sometime around July 27 - 29 depending on my next ultra sound follicle sizing.

Diane

Also my understanding on the clomid is it may delay your cycle from day 1 - ovualtion, but your luteal phase should stay the same, so if you are usually 14 days post ovualtion to AF, that will be the same, but often clomid makes your actual ovualtion day later. Mine is usually day 12, but on clomid it can vary from day 12 - if i have a real pack leader follicle that is just bursting to get out :(, or day 14-15 if i have many follicles all of a similar size.

When going through IUI the doctor will have you on a slightly different schedule than those doing just clomid. For my doctor, usually 4 days after taking last clomid pill, would start doing OPK test. If positive go into doctor for blood work to confirm LH surge, else keep testing up to 5 days. If OPK negative after 5 days, went into doctor for testing. A week later there is testing for progesterone to check if you ovulated.
Cycle day 28  today and i took a first response early pg test and i got a faint positive. I was pretty shocked as i don't seem to have any symptoms but its still pretty early yet. Af not due for 4-5 days yet.  I hope it works out this time!