Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid Success Rate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid Success Rate

Hi Ladies,

Am going to take clomid from this month's cycle. I would like to know what is the success rate (Chances of getting pregnant) in first cycle of taking clomid. Also please let me know will there be any side effects of taking clomid. Any suggestions are welcome.

I don't know any specific stats on getting pregnant with the first round of clomid, and your success with it will depend on how well it works for you.  I was able to conceive after the third round with IUI (ended in ectopic at 6 weeks, but still worked) though our issues are male factor so the clomid was to help me release more than one egg.  

I've heard it said on many boards that a lot of women have success on their third cycle with clomid.  I know a few women also, who have conceived on their "break" cycle after the third round of clomid.  Most doctors will only allow you to do three in a row.

As for advice on the pills, take them at bedtime to help lessen the side affects.  Make sure to take them at the same time each day.  Some people get less CM when on clomid and taking evening primrose oil capsules until ovulation can help that, but don't take them after you've ovulated.  Also using preseed can help.

Good Luck!

Thank you very much for your reply. I have to start clomid from this month's cycle. Little bit tensed & hopefully by god's grace everything should work out well.
I think the average is 3 rounds of clomid for it.  I can however tell you that I was a first rounder.    I'm now 32wks so it is possible.  My girlfriend however was on it 6 rounds before she got pregnant the first time. her daughter is now 2 and she didn't have to use clomid at all for her 2nd pregnancy. She is due 6 wks after me.

Thanks a lot for your comment. First of all congratulation for your baby. So when you are due? Since everyone give positive answer, I think now I feel bit ok. Anyways it should work for me also (finger's crossed). Take care of your health.