Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid and Ovulation and cramping?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid and Ovulation and cramping?

I was wondering if anyone else would know if it is normal to get cramps or a crampy feeling before Oing?  I take clomid days 1-5 as prescribed by doc and I am today cd10.  But man I feel the cramps but not bad enough to make me uncomfortable.  I'm not for sure exactly when I O cause last month never got a full positive on the OPK but I do remember having the same crampy feeling for @ 2 days.  I think (guessing) I should O around the 14th or so.  Just was wondering if anyone else goes through this?
i didn't o until day 19 on clomid, but i know what you mean... i had major cramps... i didn't know  what it was until i did the opk and realized it was ovulation... since i don't ovulate, i didn't know what to expect... it was like a heavy pressure feeling for the 2 days i was ovulating..
i had pain near my right ovary.  it hurt during bd.  i asked my doctor if it could be from the clomid, that i was about to ovulate, or that i already had, and he said "all of the above" since all 3 things could have been going on.

i do know that clomid sometimes causing cramping in the second half of your cycle.

is your cramping localized or general lower abdominal pain?
Its not pain at all just kinda a pressure, bloating feeling and cramps but no pain.  Just can totally noticeable.  I can't seem to keep a full positive no matter how many times I use a OPK during different times of the day.  I have only gotten a light second line twice in one day last month but nothing this month so far.  My clcyles are usually around 28 days or so.
I had cramps for 40 days straight last time I took clomid, including through af and about the following week after af (into next cycle).  My doc said it was totally normal because the follicles are being stimulated.  This time it wasn't so bad, but I do have cramps often.
Well I am new to this this is my first month on Clomid and I am on day 14 I took a ovulation test today and the line looked alot darker then normal I think
I am ovulating? I have been leaking some wet stuff  in my underwear! I have been having some cramping in my lower stomach and some lower back pain to. I don't know if this is normal or what and I hope someone can tell me something. I am 26 about to be 27 on the 25th and my husband which is 30 and I are ready to have a family and I am kinda scared but more nervous of being let down.
Someone please help!!

Thanks!!!
I am 36 and took clomid 1-5. I am wondering when do I ovulate? I have felt like tossing my cookies the last week. (Last pill was12 days ago). Had bad pains from ovaries, watery discharge, bloated, headaches and feel like I am going to toss my cookies. Ok, it has gone on for 3 days?
Anyone can help?
This is my third month on Clomid and I'm experiencing cramps daily since AFTER I got the positive Ovulation test.  They are so bad sometimes they wake me up at night.  While you could be pregnant, I have also discovered that I experienced a plethora of pregnancy symptoms in the week or so leading up to my period.  After speaking with my Dr. I also discovered that the clomid will actually make you start later than usual.  Here I was on day 30-31 with no period and negative results.  What a whirlwind of emotions...then I started my cycle.  At least the roller coaster was over.  Good luck!
I know exactly how you feel.  I also hve horrible hot flash sometimes when im going ovulating.  I heard it takes a few months. Pray about it and keep doing what you are doing.
HI everyone,

it's my first month on Clomid i don't have problems ovulating on my own just needed bit of a push so doc put me on clomid for 3 months to see how it goes.

i've got a question.
had clomid on 12th- 16th of this month ovualted on 23/24th now four days later it feels like i'm about to have my period. this isn't normal right?

please help
Im on my 3rd roundof clomid 1st 2 were 50mg this last one 100mg. With the 50 I have very bad cramps so bad i could hardly move.  Witht he 100mg Very crampy only on day 27 have been haven ot flashs, mood swings(very bad), sick to my tummy and thrown up a couple times, I have hadvision problems, dirra and the list goes on. lol Though i was prego untill my doc siad it was normal to have the side effects but i was like ya but all the side effects. Good luck to you all.