Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid and Period Question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid and Period Question

Does anyone know how many days after you ovulate on clomid you are suppose to get your period? I have read that a normal Luteal Phase is 14 days, but am wondering if taking clomid affects that.
No it should not affect your LP. You should have a visit from AF 14 days (give or take) after you ovulated. If you are checking your BBT as well it should stay up for 18 days after your ovulated to be pregnant. Good luck!!

Im used Clomid last month....If u type in Google Clomid ovulation calculator you type in the date u first used Clomid and it will give you an expected ovulation date. Mine was bang on last month!
Are you on your first cycle of Clomid?What days are you taking it? Also i advise to take it just before u go to bed that way you sleep through most of the side affects.

Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust
Ladies, thank you so much for the responses. I have PCOS and my husband has only 12% strict morphology sperm, which isn't awful I guess, they said 14 % is ideal. I am on my first round of 50 mg clomid cd 5-9. I got a positive OPK and had my progesterone levels drawn. My doctor said I ovulated on cd 18, but that she would like to see my progesterone levels a little bit higher, and will increase my clomid to 100 mg next cycle if I get my period. I think that AF is coming, I have been crampy, and bloated for the past few days, today is cd 28. Since I ovulated on cd 18 and LP is about 14 days I have about 4 more days to wait....

Thanks for the sticky baby dust :)