Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid and PreSeed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid and PreSeed

Ok so this is my first try with Clomid and PreSeed.  I finally got my OPK + last night and I used the pre seed.  Just curious if anyone has any success stories with both of these?  Or any stories at all.  I took 100 mg. of Clomid.

So far I like the PreSeed though, it is a good lubricant.  The Clomid definately dried me up.  

I had a miscarriage~and I heard Clomid causes a STRONGER ovulation.  I am hoping that is the case with me.....
Avatar n tn
Someone posted a little while back that their RE did not recommend Pre-seed, however, mineral oil was okay to use.  I've heard good things about Pre-seed...but I think it may be hyped a bit by the manufacturer and that mineral oil is just as effective (and cheaper).

Best wishes for a BFP very soon!
Avatar n tn
hi i have been on clomid for lat 5 months its 50mg of clomid from 2nd day till 6th day of periods.i am ovulating on clomid for sure (had transvaginal scans) but i m not getting pregnent i also have trie pre seed 3 months  with clomid but it did nothing for me its quit expensive as well .anyways cant say anything about it b/c it did'nt work for me so i m not big fan of preeseed .. even ppl get pregnant with clomid its also useless for me .but keep ur hopes high give pree seed a try for a month may be it will work for u ..
best of luck
Yes, I was surprised when my RE advised to NOT use preseed!! I think it does work well for many women, and is probably a better choice than some of the lubricants you can buy at the store. But my doctor told me to use a few drops of mineral oil, and only when it's absolutely necessary.