Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid and bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid and bleeding

Hi, I'm supposed to start period next fri. I started this past wed spotting, thurs night to a light flow, then spotting again for fri. Today is sat and I'm just spotting. I'm never early on period, always 28 days. Dr says to start clomid 3rd day after bleeding. I don't know if I should take it today since I know this wasn't my normal period. One of things u just know. Has anyone ever had early bleeding and should I start my clomid since I know this wasn't normal period?
I would suggest you take a pregnancy test.  I've been told spotting can be normal in early stages of pregnancy.  Stress also plays a big factor is messing with your cycle.  That happens to me from time to time.  I myself started on clomid yesterday, (day 5) but my period this month was early by three days and started as spotting too (which is not the norm for me).  I told my RE but since by the next morning the flo had increased to normal she didn't seem conerned.  I took a test anyway the night before I started the clomid, just in case, it was suggested by a nurse friend of mine.

Good Luck
ps my best advice is ask your dr before you start the clomid and get his/her opinion.
i did ask dr and he says to start on third day even knowing that my period is a wk+ early, and I'm always on time. took preg test but was neg and would be since i wouldn't have started til next friday. this is just frustrating since i know this isn't my normal period.
I can understand that, mine was 3 days early and I was on a somewhat normal schedule every 28 days.  I'm on day 4 of clomid, go for bw on wed and fri.  Dr doing the clomid challange test on me then iui this cycle.  Good luck to you, and try to be postive and not get stressed, albeit not easy :-)
Is this your first month taking clomid?  I also am on Clomid days 3-7.  I have noticed that it does make my period lighter.  Before starting clomid I was usually 7-8 days, and since starting clomid it usually lasts only 4-5 days.  
I also started spotting this month three days before my period is due.  I took a PT 12dpo and it was negative.  I am just waiting to see if I am going to start my actual period or continue to spot.  My AF is due tomorrow so if I haven't actually started my period by Thursday and PT still says neg, I will call my doctor for a blood test.

Maybe you could call your Dr before starting clomid to see if they will give you a blood test, just to be on the safe side.  
Good Luck :-)