Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid and ovary pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid and ovary pain

I am on clomid 100 mg a day, I am on cd 7 and starting last night I was having sharp pains in my left ovary as if a knife was stabbing in me. I am still having these pains. It is too early to be O'ing, has anyone else experienced this with Clomid or is this something I should call my RE about, I read that clomid can cause your ovaries to enlarge???
I had those pains last night too (CD6) but they only lasted for a few hours and weren't severe but definitely noticable.  I don't think you could be O'ing already, it seems a little early.  But if you're in a lot of pain I would call your doc just to see what they say about the whole Ovarian hyperstimulation thing.
Thanks. When I had my hysteroscopy done, they couldn't find my left ovary, they know it is there from previous u/s but couldn't find it this time. I know it is smaller than the right, but wonder if maybe that is why there is pain there, maybe it needed a jumpstart :) How are you feeling?
Thanks BabyB :) that is good to know, because I normally O on day 10 or 11, and that would make sence if it was getting stimulated prior to O'ing.

Justine17- What days do you take clomid? I take them on days 5-9 so I still have three doses to take :(

Man, do you remember life before ttc? It always seemed (to me) that AF had just got over and here she was again, now, the times between AF seem FOREVER ha ha :) When you are TTC, it kinda makes like slow down a bit and months last longer ha ha!
I'm on 100 mg as well and for 3 consecutive months I have had alot of pain for the 3 days leading up to "O", but I never had any pain on the days I was taking clomid. Perhaps it is stimulating it somehow now , if it doesn't go away I would call the RE and ask maybe. Good luck this cycle!
Yes, maybe your left ovary just woke up!  :)  ha, ha
I'm feeling fine,thanks. I actually had a major headache yesterday.  But today I'm great and am excited to take my last dose of Clomid!
I take Clomid days 3 - 7.  

I know exactly what you mean! The month ticks by sooo slowly.