Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid and the tests that need to be done??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am taking clomid and am on cd 9 today I have my first app with a new gyno on Aug 14 cd 12 for me. I was wondering since I havent had any tests done at all yet what all should be done on my first trip in to the gyno this Thursday?? What are the name of the tests that they should do and how are they done? I want to make sure that everything that needs to be done is done that day. Thanks so much for the advice!
Hi, I know when I went to the gyno when having trouble conceiving at the office she simply did a pelvic  exam and ordered blood tests to be done checking prgesterone and other important hormones.  I am sure you already did this since you were placed on Clomid.  When I went to a RE she did a vaginal ultrasound around the time of ovulation.  She was going to schedule me for a battery of different blood tests and glucose test.  I was also going to have a test done to check if my fallopian tubes were blocked where they inject dye into the uterus.  Luckily that month I got pregnant and did not have to do any of these tests.   Before I went to the RE and I was just at my Gyno and she also was recommending the dye test, it has a nice long name hysterosalpingagram, I think that is how it is spelled.  From what I hear it is not too uncomfortable.  I wish I could tell you more.  Also early on my Gyno. had my husband check his sperm count before we took any other steps with me.  

The RE told us to use Clear blue easy ovulation test and we did and that was the month we got pregnant.  There is no question that it got it done for us because I used to take my temps to detect ovulation and I assumed I ovulated much earlier than I in fact did so by the time the day I ovulated rolled around my husband and I were good and tired! Good Luck to you.  I hope it all works out.  
I had no tests done at all before starting clomid. I asked for it and that was it. I am very worried that its not going to go the way that it should. I didnt have a period before clomid either. Dont know why the provera just didnt work.
Hi. Are you already taking clomid & then starting with a new doc this Thurs?  Is cd9 your last pill?  I have an ultrasound cd3 or 4 to make sure I don't have any cysts & then take clomid cd5-9.  Then I go in around cd14 for an ultrasound to check my follies.  One of my cycles, I also had a blood test to check my progesterone level, but I can't remember exactly when that was.  I'm thinking it was around 8 days after I started my clomid.  Anyway, I hope this helps!  Good luck :)
Since I didnt have af I was told to count first days of clomid as cd 5. Today is my 4th day after the last clomid pill. So yes I have already taken the clomid.
Ah, so when you go in on Thurs they may want to schedule a progesterone test, just to check that out & then you can schedule also an ultrasound so you can check & see how many & how big your follies are :)  That's always exciting !  You've probably already done these tests since you're on clomid, but before I was given clomid I had a few blood tests to check FSH & estrogen levels.  Good luck to you :)
I have never done any tests on clomid before. I will have them do everything that needs to be done on Aug14 . They never even checked my FSH and estrogen levels. Should I be worried?
No, you shouldn't worry.  I would think they would have done that before prescribing you clomid, though.  Your doc would want to find out if you even need it first.  You are young, so I'm surprised that you were given clomid, especially since no blood work has been done, but you must have your reasons/concerns.  :)  Just be sure to cover all bases at your appt on Thurs.  Let them know that you're taking clomid, ask what the side effects are that you should watch for & ask them for a full blood workup.  Best wishes !!! :)