Clomid for ten days???
Hello I'm new here, I'm looking for answers i wonder if my fertility doc is wacko!  because of insurance issues i do not get to pick a Dr.

I have a RX for Clomid for 10 days (cd2-11) and a Ovidrel "trigger" shot to be administered by ME! on cd16.  Does this sound shady? Everything I'm finding on the net assures me 5 days is max for Clomid and that i should have a scan of follies before the Dr. gives me a trigger.
Hi. I've never heard of Clomid for any time longer than 5 days per cycle.  I have never had to trigger but I've seen comments by other ladies and they always referred to having a scan before triggering so that they could assess the size of the follies and make sure that they were mature enough before they triggered.
I was on Clomid for 5 days at 150 mg and then my dr decided to do 10 days at 100mg. The reason being is that I ovulate late, so they wanted more time to grow the follicles.

Your doctor should be monitoring you and especially before you take the ovidrel.