Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid

I just started clomid yesterday my first time and was wondering what are the common side affects I will  be having.  Also is there weight gain with it?
Thanks much
Clomid makes me very irritable and emotional.  Also, it makes me "dry" during and after ovulation.  My DH says he doesn't like me when I take it.... :-P
I just started this month as well and I had no noticable side effect...CM fine no moodier thatn usual did have some cramping one night when I had a drink but decided may or may not have been due to clomid.  I have heard headaches and moodiness.  Best of luck and super sticky baby dust
This upcoming cycle will be my 4rd Clomid cycle.  I find the moodiness to come in little "bursts".  I can really work myself up over something, then an hour later I'm fine again and feeling stupid for blowing up.
Ths first month during my tww DH said he hoped I wasn't pregnant, because if this was what 9 months was going to be like, he couldn't take it.  So I guess I was pretty bad.  Now that I realize what's happening, I can try to control it a little better.
I have not had weight gain or headaches.  A little bit of nauseousness, but not bad.  Also, it seems to have made my clycles longer by a couple of days?  Not nice when you have very regular cycles, and then the month comes when you find you're 2 days late, and you convince yourself that this is your month.  
Avatar n tn
I don't think I had any side effects either, although I am sure my DH would try and blame my mood on it but I just think you are generally a little more moody then just because you are trying harder to conceive.

What I can tell you thought is I have never suffered from AF cramping and on Clomid well my flow was a lot more and come O I had the most incredible pain, I actually didn't have it the first month on Clomid but the other 5 were really painful.  I have had kidney stones in the past and I will certainly say this gave kidney stones a run for their money.

I wish you well though, it seems it effect everyone differently.
i didn't have many side effects except for major hot flashes... also i guess i was a tad irritable at times...