Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Clomid

My husband and are trying to get pregnant again. We have a 16 month old daughter that we got pregnant with after 6 months of trying. We have been trying to have our second for a year now without any luck. I am 20 years old and was wondering if Clomid would be okay to take at my age. I believe we are having problems with getting pregnant because I only ovulate 3-4 times a year. Please tell me what you think!!
If you are only ovulating 3 or 4 times a year, I would think clomid would help you a lot.  If anything, your young age will probably benefit your chances.  

Best of luck to you..
I think Clomid would definitely would help....If you have been trying for a year, your Dr. should be ready to run tests and begin treatements.
Okay, Thanks for the advice? Would my OBGYN be able to help me with this or do I need to go to a different doctor? I just wasnt sure if they would RX something to me since I am only 20/
clomid would be the prefect thing for you. at least it will help you ovulate. im 22 & i am currently using it. your obgyn is the correct person to get it from. i got mines from my ob.
How long have you been on clomid?
this is my 2nd cycle on clomid. i am feeling the s/e really bad especially at night with hot flashes this cycle. i hope clomid works this cycle. so have u decided to ask your ob??? I've heard real good success stories about clomid thats why I've continued to take it. praying to get my bfp soon!!!!keep us posted. good luck!!!! ssbd!!!!
I am going to my OB this tuesday and I will be sure to let you know!~
good luck!!!!keep us posted!
I went to the doctor today, She agreed Clomid would be a good choice for me but she wanted to take some blood first. They took my blood to make sure it is not anything seriouse since I am not having my periods reg. I go back in 3 weeks for the results and to get this started!!!
thats great! we have to start from somewhere! good luck to you! keep us posted!

melissa
I think clomid would be wonderful for you I just turned 22 and have taken it off an on since 20 so age doesn't matter if your body isn't working right..... good luck.
i think clomid would be great for you too. this is my second cycle with it. my first baby and only baby, i got pregnant on the first try. so good luck. it works. i am 27. i used clomid first when i was 24. age doesnt matter. why does your doctor take 3 weeks to get blood results. it shouldnt take that long.