Cold Uterus?
I have been seeing an accupuncturist and am starting IVF. She told me that I have a cold uterus. I am often cold and do like the feeling of a heating pad, but past that I'm stupmed as to what this means. I am 31 and diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I feel like there may be some validity to this and am concerned. Has anybody gotten a similar diagnosis? ANY info would be great!

Thank you in advance!
my sister in law was told that by her acupuncturist .. chinese believe in heat and cold as diagnoses .. you want to warm up your body so you will increase blood flow to the uterus.  she started wearing warm socks all the time and keeping her head warm too .. also added lots of ginger to all meals and tea to get warmed up from the inside .. after 6 months of acupuncture and warming up, at nearly 42 she conceived .. she is now 4 weeks away from delivery!
cold uterus" means that the uterine lining has not responded appropriately to the warming hormone (progesterone). The vessels which supply blood to the uterus are constricted as a result of this "cold" response. Women with this diagnosis often have a combination of patterns of kidney yang (the warming energy) vacuity and blood stasis. They will often have premenstrual low back pain, cramps which respond to heating pads, and clotty menstrual blood. Prescribing warming herbs and invigorating the blood will help resolve this pattern.
Regular moderate exercise will also help as it will improve circulation.
Ginger is very warming.
Make sure to eat nourishing foods such as soups made from bone broth. Vegetables should be cooked rater than raw.

Avoid cold foods, cold drinks, and sugars / sugary foods.

From a western medicine point of view, make sure she has had a full thyroid panel.  Low thyroid hormones can also result in feeling cold.
Thank you so much for your comments. I am definitley going to take all of your advice.. it's a strange sounding diagnosis though.. after seeing the Western docs for so long.

tones- Thanks for sharing! It's encouraging!

Hi Carla,

I found this post that might be helpful.  Really interesting info that I really had no clue about.  Hope this helps you out:)

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/TTC-Over-40/Great-infoI-think-anyway-o/show/1157363

xoxoxo
what a fantastic article .. thanks so much for directing us to it .. lots of bits and pieces I'd heard over the years but not all together