Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cold and Clomid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cold and Clomid

Hello Ladies,

I am scheduled to start Clomid in 2 days!

I feel like I may be coming down with a cold :-(

I am taking a Multi Vitamin with High Folic Acid everyday.

Should I take some more Vitamin C and try to stop it while I can?

My Real question is......Can I take cold medicine while taking Clomid?  Can I take Clomid while I have a cold?

UGH

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Lynniepooh
Blank
1000766_tn?1296749601
When I took Clomid, I used Robitussin (the one without any letters) because it's supposed to help thin out your cervical mucous which prevents it from being hostile (too thick).  I started taking it the day after my last pill right up until I got a positive OPK.  I got pregnant on that cycle.  It was my only cycle so I don't know if the Clomid was going to work without it anyway but it definitely didn't hurt the process.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1000766_tn?1296749601
When I took Clomid, I used Robitussin (the one without any letters) because it's supposed to help thin out your cervical mucous which prevents it from being hostile (too thick).  I started taking it the day after my last pill right up until I got a positive OPK.  I got pregnant on that cycle.  It was my only cycle so I don't know if the Clomid was going to work without it anyway but it definitely didn't hurt the process.
Blank
sorry ur sickkkk.......robitussin will heal ur cold and add extra cm..so i do not think it will effect ur cycle or clomid..ssbd
Blank
1434731_tn?1382725984
Hi Ladies,

Thanks a bunch for the advice. I only feel really yucky when I wake up!  But I will get some Robitussin (not letters) if it gets worse.
Blank
1434731_tn?1382725984
So that Cold I was Talking about turned out to be bronchitis!

On Amoxicillen 875mg and Inhaler

Called my OB and got the ok to take Clomid with these other drugs!

Clomid Day 1 was last night
Blank
awww congrats girl on the clomid!! yay.... I am so sorry you have brochitis...:(..but I do hope you get a BFP this month!!!! yay ....go Clomid
Blank
1434731_tn?1382725984
Thanks girl.  I am thinking positive even though I know it may not happen on the first month!!!!!  But everything so far has been going right so we shall see!!!!

Lynn
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank