Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Combination of Femara, HCG shot, IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Combination of Femara, HCG shot, IUI

Does anyone have any advice on taking Femara from CD3 - CD7 with a HCG trigger shot on CD12 and then IUI on CD14? Any success the first time?
i started femara this month 5 - 9 and went on cd 13 and didn't have any follicles that looked good.  i am going back on friday for another ultra sound - unless i get a positive opk today or thursday.

then the plan is getting the hcg shot and iui.

what cycle day are you?  i am cd15
I'm 13 dpiui or CD 26. I had three follicles on CD12 that were 24mm, 17mm, and 14mm. I recieved a trigger shot on CD12. However, I do ovulate naturally, but she wanted it more timed of course for the IUI.

Good luck with your IUI. Is this your first?
no not my first - but first on femara.  

have you taken a hpt yet?
Not yet...do you think I should? I hate feeling this way...knowing that it may not work..I'm trying to keep hopeful...but like everyone else I hate the ups and downs.

How are you feeling?
i think it is safe to do it 13dpiui - i know the hcg shot would be out of your system.

i am feeling ok - just a little let down that there wasn't any good follicles on monday.  keeping my head up and hoping for some on friday!
I know...I will be thinking positive thoughts for you! I hope the best for you. Please keep me posted.
I did the exact same thing-femara/HCG Shot/IUI. The only difference was I received the shot only 24 hours before my IUI-not 2 days.  Anyway, the first time I did get pregnant, but it ended up being a chemical.  The 2nd & 3rd times were not successful, but the 4th one was.  I now have a beautiful 3 month old son, who is the result of femara/HCG/4th IUI.  Good luck!!
Good to hear! I'm so nervous to test tonight knowing that it will most likely be negative...it is so hard as you know. But I am so happy that this combination worked for you. Thank you for giving me a boost!
I took a HPT a few hours ago and it was negative. It was one of those digital tests...I think it's pretty accurate. I'm so disappointed. :( I hate this feeling. My husband is very supportive and I totally appreciate it...but it is still so hard.
meech7 - so sorry about BFN!!! But it isnt over thil the UGLY wench shows up!

I am CD15 - did femara CD3-7, U/S CD12 - had 3 follis 17, 24, 12 on rt and 1 on left 14mm - had HCG today and IUI tomorrow. Altho - i think we screwed up and DTD last nite - so it will only be 36 hrs abstaining.  I am so freaked that DH's #s will be off bc of it.  I am almost 37 and we have a 2.5 yr old DD.  She was easy to concieve (conceive) but we have been TTC #2 for 2 yrs. I have High FSH CD3 3s :(
Thank you so much for your comment. I know it's not over until AF comes...but I have a feeling AF will come on Saturday...I'm usually right on time. We will see...

Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure everything wil be fine...my RN says you only need a million to work...I will keep my fingers crossed. Good luck. Please let me know what happens.
Well - IUI is done - no to DTD tonite and tomorrow morning and i will officially be in the 2ww.  DH had 2 Million after wash - so more then the last IUI but less then the 1st.  You only need 1, right???
That's correct. They like to see over one million that's according to my RN. Good luck. Please let me know the outcome. If you need to vent the next two weeks, please feel free to write me. I hate the 2WW! Fingers crossed it works. :)

I'll be starting Femara on CD3 (AF will most likely pay a visit on Saturday). IUI will most likely be the last week of September. We will see...
Good afternoon everyone.

I had my first ever IUI done yesturday morning just before 9am. I too took femara. 5mg cd 3-7. I went in on cd10 to have an ultra sound done. They found 11 follicles on one side and 15 on the other! But at that time they were not ready. I had to go back 2 days later on cd13. They didn't say how many follicles were ready but I know from watching the screen there was at least one. I had the shot given to me that night at 9:15pm by my fiance. The dr wanted me to have it done at 9, but I needed 15 to whine about getting this big shot in my butt! lol It was about 24 hours later when I had the iui done. They told us just before that his sperm count, after the wash had been done, was almost 2million!

Now comes the hard part. We can not test till Oct.3rd. I have been trying for over 6 years to get pregnant. My fiance and I have been trying now for 4 years, and been working with the infertility specialist for 2 years. I can not take much more. And I know he is getting to that point too. I was raped over 9 years ago, while still in High School. I did not have a pleasent pregnancy. I always wanted a happy pregnancy. A child brought into the world with love, not force. I love my son very much! He wants to be a big brother. I want nothing more then to give that to him! My fiance and I both want that too!

Good luck, and baby dust to you all!
I am curious! I took femara on CD3 - CD7 and did hCG trigger on CD12 after I had a vag ul/s that showed at least two that were 18 mm and bigger. We had IUI done with washed sperm count of 10 million! What are my chances? this is our first and only shot at IUI hubby had chemo and radiation for cancer treatment in 03 and has no more sperm frozen! Pray for us! this is CD18!! only 10 days before hpt!!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers