Considering Egg Freezing - low AMH
I am a 34 (35 in Sept) female who is considering egg freezing. I am not married though perhaps I will be one day. I would like to have a child a few years down the road. I made an apptment with a fertility doc to get some questions answered about the procedure, etc. My focus at that time was the "age" of my eggs - wanting to have younger eggs for later attempts at pregnancy. My Doc took my AMH and it came back at 0.36 ng/ml.
My understanding is my ovarian reserve is low indicating I have low fertility.
So now my concern is not only the age of my eggs but also my fertility.
My mother (who desperately wants a grandchild) - surprisingly - thinks I should just wait and see. She is a pharmacist and said I can take drugs to raise my AMH.
I am curious if she is correct.
My understanding is my low AMH indicates I have low fertility at 34. As I age, my fertility will only decrease. Is this a correct assumption.
Thanks much.
Fertility will only decrease.   You're smart to think ahead, especially since it sounds like you aren't in a relationship at this time yet you know that you want children down the road.   I would give it serious consideration!
whether or not tests indicated low reserve .. if I was you I would definitely go ahead and freeze your eggs.  It sounds like you need to be a mother like most of us and it would be a shame if this was denied because you waited.  Not to say that if you meet the man of your dreams a few years down the track that you couldn't try naturally anyway .. just that you'd have an insurance policy if you stashed some of your eggs away now.  good luck!
dear friend

0.36 AMH is a very low number; how about your FSH and AFC? i wish you get married soon.as our clocks are ticking; its good to rush.

also AMH is something you can not increase or decrease; it vanishes with age no matter what. your decision is wise and go ahead with egg freeze; and also parellely look fora good partner. if you already have a boyfriend; go ahead with kids planning.

good luck sweet heart
forgot to tell you; i am 34; my AMH is 0.46; i am in current IVF first attempt in this month.
Do you know what your FSH is?  That # should be under 9.  I am not familiar with the AMH.  I think its great you are being proactive, although even though if you do this, still no guarentee it will give you baby later on.  It's a great start though. I went thru 4 IVFs at ages 37-38 which never worked & am now pregnant with donor eggs.
Do what you can to protect your fertility!!!  Best WIshes.
did u get ur bfp? i have amh .57, nd will try with my 4th ivf nxt month.