Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Constipation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Constipation

hi everyone , I just found out I am pregnant I am not even four weeks yet . My problem is I haven't gone to the bathroom in 5 days and I feel like **** . Does anyone know if it is okay to drink prune juice while pregnant?
Congrats on the pregnancy!  I had the same problem early on, and thankfully it has resolved itself. Prune juice is ok, warm apple juice, grapes, a lot of water...those are all things that helped me. My doctor was willing to give me a laxitive (I can't remember the name, but it was safe during pregnancy), but said to try the "natural" remedies first. Good luck, I know it can really make you feel miserable.
Try to increase the amount of fiber in your diet.  Morning cereal can help some.  

Congrats on your bfp!
I feel the same way.  I have increased fiber and now burp up everything because nothing "moves."

I'm thinking of a Fiber One bar, but that might be extreme.

Good luck,
Andrea
I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant and have been constipated and found that this fruit juice from Costco called Bon Via (Super concentrated) does the trick if you have a small glass.  :)
Avatar n tn
thanks everyone I will try that asap !!!! lol I just wanna go ...
funny cause with my last pregnancy, constapation was my first symptom.  yes prune juice is okay.  i have also heard that lemons help too, nit sure how accurate that is.  congrats on the pregnancy.