Coping with Donor Sperm and Naming Issues..
Okay...so now I feel like a jerk.  DH just said last night that he thinks it'd be easier for him to cope with the fact that we're having to use donor sperm...that if we end up having a boy that we name him after him.   It's a cute idea...I know, but I hate my husband's legal first name "John"....it's so boring.  Oi.  I don't even call him John, I call him Jack.  This and our kid would be one of those "the thirds" as DH is a Jr.

I don't know how to handle this with tact...any suggestions....?
mhv
You could do Jonathan.... or use John as first name and use a different middle name... and call the son by his middle name.  John Alexander go by Alex.. ect... That way you have compromised and made your hubby feel better : )  
I think that if it will make your husband feel more connected to the child, you should do it. That's the most important thing, right? Just my opinion...
Very good point.  I think I will take both your and mhv's advice if we end up having a boy in the future, we'll name him after his father, DH, and just call him by his middle name...Richard, or Ricky for short....I can deal with that.  If that's what will make DH completely happy about all this, then that' exactly what we'll do.
mhv
Yep : )  Happiness all around! : )
A friend of mine had the same issue with the name John, and they ended up calling their son Jay. She looked into it and found a bunch of different nicknames for John or ways it is said in different languages. Another friend of mine calls her son by his initials, CJ. I think that is cute, too. I like the middle name idea, too. Lots of options to make everyone happy. :)
Women have a privilege that men don't have and that is the miracle of life. The only thing that a man has is the opportunity of naming the child. So don't take away his only privilege. Some times we need to be more selfless..
Very good point, it would definitely make him feel more a part of the whole process.  
Do John, but give a cute middle name and call him by that. I did that. My son's name is John Cole Allen. I actually gave him two middle names so I could still yell two names without yelling John. LOL
How about donor embryos
that way you are BOTh in the same biological situation
ALso, you are saving a life !
That's funny.  Me and all my siblings have 2 middle names too.
I would so be okay with that, but it would cost us a fortune.  Right now we are struggling to pay for the donor sperm and copays for the IUIs that are covered under our insurance....Oi.  There are a lot of things I would do if it weren't for money...or a lack-there-of.  :)  Thank you for your response though....good thinking.