Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Counting weeks...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Counting weeks...

I have a rather stupid question...how do you count weeks of pregnancy if you did ivf? i was looking at the pregnancy calendars and most ask for first day of the last time AF showed up or date of conception. And during the ivf cycle, everything was pretty much "controlled"
Tags: IVF, calendar
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
370736_tn?1247246517
Excellent question. I was wondering the same thing- but what happens when you use donor eggs and have no idea when AF was? I assume you just count back 2 week from the date of fertilization? I hope someone knows the answer. How are you feeling?
Blank
happy new year to you!

am feeling like a cold or flu is about to set in...lumpy throat, chills, a little muscle ache but no fever (my temp had been a steady 98.5). got a little rattled about an oncoming flu so i researched online. apparently, i have nothing to worry about :-) other than that, am hoping to feel some pg symptoms :-) but all I feel is a little cramping here and there but now it's mostly in my lower back. still trying to stay away from the hpts! LOL...i had my hcg shot 12/19 so I'm hoping I can do a hpt day after tomorrow (that makes it 2 weeks after the shot). have my initial blood test on 1/7. boy! this will be a looong week! :-)

you doing ok yourself?
Blank
370736_tn?1247246517
Feeling pretty good. Sometimes I am overcome with nausea. Then when I feel "normal" I worry. My nose is really stuffy today but I think that's part of the whole hormone thing.

Consider yourself lucky to get the flu now and not in 3 weeks! I had a really bad cold and ended up taking antibiotics right before the transfer. I told myself it was a good thing because it was bound to eventually happen.
I had a lot of lower back pain during the first week. I thought it was because of the bedrest, but once I could get up it still hurt. Hopefully your back pain is a good sign! I'll be thinking about you. Good luck!
Blank
I had my egg retrival on 12/12 and transfer on 12/15. The nurse at my RE's office did my calculation, and told me I am now 4 weeks 5 days, due September 4. I'm not sure how she calculated it-she had some kind of date wheel.
Blank
Thanks!

It seems like "date of conception" used is day after retrieval...hmmm...interesting...but kinda makes sense since it was "conceived" in the lab after retrieval :-)

Blank
186627_tn?1257881374
look at this site:http://www.ivf-infertility.com/calc_preg.php
I hope it helps.
CONGRATS!!
Blank
370736_tn?1247246517
That is a great site! Thanks.
Blank
159063_tn?1247276417
I read that you count from day of retreival, I used donor eggs, and the eggs were inseminated on dec, 10th the transfer was a 5 day blast. so I was technically 5DPO on the day of the blast. hope this helps!! and lots of sticky baby dust your way!!!!
Blank
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979