Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Counting weeks...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Counting weeks...

I have a rather stupid question...how do you count weeks of pregnancy if you did ivf? i was looking at the pregnancy calendars and most ask for first day of the last time AF showed up or date of conception. And during the ivf cycle, everything was pretty much "controlled"
Tags: IVF, calendar
Excellent question. I was wondering the same thing- but what happens when you use donor eggs and have no idea when AF was? I assume you just count back 2 week from the date of fertilization? I hope someone knows the answer. How are you feeling?
happy new year to you!

am feeling like a cold or flu is about to set in...lumpy throat, chills, a little muscle ache but no fever (my temp had been a steady 98.5). got a little rattled about an oncoming flu so i researched online. apparently, i have nothing to worry about :-) other than that, am hoping to feel some pg symptoms :-) but all I feel is a little cramping here and there but now it's mostly in my lower back. still trying to stay away from the hpts! LOL...i had my hcg shot 12/19 so I'm hoping I can do a hpt day after tomorrow (that makes it 2 weeks after the shot). have my initial blood test on 1/7. boy! this will be a looong week! :-)

you doing ok yourself?
Feeling pretty good. Sometimes I am overcome with nausea. Then when I feel "normal" I worry. My nose is really stuffy today but I think that's part of the whole hormone thing.

Consider yourself lucky to get the flu now and not in 3 weeks! I had a really bad cold and ended up taking antibiotics right before the transfer. I told myself it was a good thing because it was bound to eventually happen.
I had a lot of lower back pain during the first week. I thought it was because of the bedrest, but once I could get up it still hurt. Hopefully your back pain is a good sign! I'll be thinking about you. Good luck!
I had my egg retrival on 12/12 and transfer on 12/15. The nurse at my RE's office did my calculation, and told me I am now 4 weeks 5 days, due September 4. I'm not sure how she calculated it-she had some kind of date wheel.
Thanks!

It seems like "date of conception" used is day after retrieval...hmmm...interesting...but kinda makes sense since it was "conceived" in the lab after retrieval :-)

look at this site:http://www.ivf-infertility.com/calc_preg.php
I hope it helps.
CONGRATS!!
That is a great site! Thanks.
I read that you count from day of retreival, I used donor eggs, and the eggs were inseminated on dec, 10th the transfer was a 5 day blast. so I was technically 5DPO on the day of the blast. hope this helps!! and lots of sticky baby dust your way!!!!