Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cramping after ET

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Cramping after ET

Hi I'm new to this I have had my 3rd ivf treatment and had 2et 5dt I have had some dull aches lower abdominal and breasts are a little tender DVD itch this is my 4th day the first one I don't remember I had any symptoms and got a Positive but M/C at 9 weeks .
2nd time I had quite a bit of pain breast really hurt but then started to bleed day 8 and got a negative.
I am going to the toilet a lot but then I am drinking lots of fluid as was told this helps with implantation.

Can any one advise me this is my last go
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I can determine the exact cause of your symptoms only after a clinical examination and work up. Abdominal cramping after embryo transfer is due to embryo embedding itself into the wall of the uterus. Excess hormones and chemicals in the body like HCG can also give rise to cramping. Use of progesterone during the procedure can also cause headaches and cramping. It can also be an early indication of pregnancy but that is often impossible to know for sure whether implantation has occurred until a clinical pregnancy test is performed. Visit your gynecologist for more queries and assistance. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!
Hi thank you for your advice I do my test next week just I have had different every time so really Don't know what to look out for cramping has settled now I am getting headaches and palpitations though out the day and body temp is up and down.