Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cramping after FET?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Cramping after FET?

Hi there- has anyone had cramping after FET?  My transfer was on Tues and I've had on and off cramps since.  My clinic said it was normal.  I did not have this last time with my fresh (which was a BFN).  Any ideas what this could mean as I "try" not to obsess in the 2ww...:-)
Jess
Hi Jess,
I just had a frozen transfer on wednesday and posted a question about this also. I have had bad cramps, spotting, discharge and am nauseated. I hope this is a good sign for both of us. How many did you transfer?

Jamie
Hi Jamie-

We transferred 3 this time...how about you?  I too am somewhat nauseated but not sure if it is from the drugs. I am still on estrogen and PIO shots.  I had really bad cramps the night of the tranfer.  They have lessened a bit but still come and go.  Our embryos were frozen at day 3- how about you?  I sooo hope these signs are good for us.  I have a friend who got a + from IUI and said she had severe cramps!  Let's keep in touch during the 2 week wait!!!
Jess
Jess,
We had a 2 transfered that were day 5. They rated them a 1AA and a 2AA. You have to wait two weeks? I go for my test on Friday June 5th. When we did a fresh cycle they made us wait a long time. I am making myself crazy all day with the cramping and the discharge and everything else. I am so scared that I am going to get my period. When we did the fresh cycle I got my period the night before the test and it was horrible. How long have you been trying? We are going on year 6! We did Chlomid, IUI and now IVF. I am also on the Estrogen pill but I am not doing the PIO shots just the suposatories. Is the PIO shot the oil one? I am so glad that we both went through this at the same time and can talk each other through this. I feel like I am going crazy!! You too???
OMG- you get to test on the 5th!!!  I have to wait until the 9th!!!  We have been ttc for 2 years.  IVF with ICSI is our only option.  I too got my period before my test last time!!!  It was devastating!  I was at work and could not stop crying.  I am trying to stay cautiously optimistic this time.  Our embies were frozen at 6B (six cell grade B).  A is the best at our clinic).  Three were thawed and one went down to a 4B one stayed 6B and one went up to a 7A.  They transferred all 3.  We have 2 still frozen.

I to am going crazy...but trying to stay busy!!

PIO is in oil.  I did the suppositories last time.  I am also having discharge and scared I may get my period.
Take care!!
Jess
I have D/C also!!! Ok maybe since the two of us have it, it is normal :) lets just go with that. Can I ask why you had to do infertility treatment? I have PCOS.
Mostly because of male factor- but I have endometriosis also.
Are you still spotting and cramping? I have heavier bleeding now and cramps have gotten worse. I am scared that I have my period.
No more cramping really- still have d/c but no blood.  However- I have heard a little blood can be a good sign- maybe implantation?  When would your period normally be due?  Don't lose hope!!!