FERTILITY / INFERTILITY / IVF
COMMUNITY
Cramping after IUI
by maddie216, Feb 03, 2011
I had an IUI done 6 days ago.  Is it normal to still have cramps.  They're like period cramps but ofcourse my period is not due until February 16th.  I am using the progesterone suppositories too, don't know if that's a side effect?
Any other advice on the 2ww wait for an IUI would be helpful since this is my first one.

Thanks!
Member Comments (10)
by lisa1905, Feb 03, 2011
Hi dear
i am on my 2  weeks too i did a same thing and i have cramps too, also i am taking progestrone too , i have to for my beta test on feb 4 , then i think we are in the same page, just try to relax and  think positive because those cramps are normal and belive me they get  worst , and i know waiting is hard but you are doing okay just think positive and take care of ur self   sending u a lot of  baby dust :)
by candy4503, Feb 03, 2011
Hi Maddie,
I just did my first iui aswell, and after the iui was done I couldnt walk literally for 2 days, since then ive had cramping too.  Ive been told not to worry to much about it, its fairly common.  Also remember sore pains, could also mean implantation, so thats a good thing!  I just wld like to mention, if you are anxious like I am, do not do an early pregnancy test, because they will come up positive most of the time, simply because of the drugs taken..... I was not told this , so I got all excited.  I find out on Wednesday by blood test, but by Monday they said I can be fairly confident if it has worked or not........... so good luck to you for feb 16 :)
by maddie216, Feb 04, 2011
Thank you for your advice and your words of encouragement. Today is the big day for you. You will be in my thoughts. :))) BABY Dust!

Maddie
by maddie216, Feb 04, 2011
Thanks Candy, Sorry to hear you had so much pain. Mine was definitely not as bad as yours. I really appreciate the advice. I'm still learning about this fertility stuff and it gets confusing. Anyway, Baby Dust to you! Please keep me posted. I would love to hear some success stories and I know there are many out there.  My sister in law got pregnant with her very first IUI, so I know it happens.
Take Care!
Maddie
by BeeHappy76, Feb 04, 2011
Hi there, I just did my 1st iui in Jan. I had cramping pretty much through the whole tww and got a BFP! I did not have any other symptoms during the tww. Good luck!!
by aleasa, Feb 04, 2011
I'm in the 2ww for my 3rd ivf.  I had one failed and one baby (yay).  When I was pregnant, I got these cool 'pulling and tugging' feelings right around the pregnancy test time and very sore boobs.  The main indicator is the implantation spotting which can be pink or pink/brown.  My pregnancy I had a light pink (too pretty to be what we normally get as women.. yuuk!) spot right around a week after ET, I believe.  ;o)  This time I had a pink/brown spot day 3 after ET, so I'm very hopeful and find out on Monday.  ughhhhhh!  One important word of advice:  ACUPUNCTURE.  Acupuncture during IVF raises your chances  of conception by 40-60%.  I did NOT use it my failed IVF and now I won't waste my time/money/energy on fertility treatments without it.  I have helped many many many women on their last attempt get pg by telling them to do acupuncture or stop complaining!  Research this!  Oh, and cramping is very normal.  ;o)  
by seg107, Feb 04, 2011
my last IUI i did have period like cramps - and it turned out i was pregnant.  I had a second IUI on 2/27 and I haven't had any cramps or any symptoms - so i'm just assuming it didn't work.  Its better for me to assume the worst, but hope for the best.

Good luck to all!
by maddie216, Feb 04, 2011
Thanks for the advice. I have a good feeling about the cramps that I'm feeling too. I had some mild pink spotting the first two days after the IUI, don't exactly know what that means, but hope it has something to do with implantation. Not sure if it happens that quickly or not.  Keep me posted on your results and I will do the same. Happy thoughts!
Maddie
by maddie216, Feb 04, 2011
How amazing! Congratulations. I feel that I am possibly pregnant as well, though I cannot test until February 10th. BTW, how accurate will the hpt be at day 12 post IUI?  I will keep you posted. When is your due date?