Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cramping after IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Cramping after IUI

I had an IUI done 6 days ago.  Is it normal to still have cramps.  They're like period cramps but ofcourse my period is not due until February 16th.  I am using the progesterone suppositories too, don't know if that's a side effect?
Any other advice on the 2ww wait for an IUI would be helpful since this is my first one.

Thanks!
Hi dear
i am on my 2  weeks too i did a same thing and i have cramps too, also i am taking progestrone too , i have to for my beta test on feb 4 , then i think we are in the same page, just try to relax and  think positive because those cramps are normal and belive me they get  worst , and i know waiting is hard but you are doing okay just think positive and take care of ur self   sending u a lot of  baby dust :)
Hi Maddie,
I just did my first iui aswell, and after the iui was done I couldnt walk literally for 2 days, since then ive had cramping too.  Ive been told not to worry to much about it, its fairly common.  Also remember sore pains, could also mean implantation, so thats a good thing!  I just wld like to mention, if you are anxious like I am, do not do an early pregnancy test, because they will come up positive most of the time, simply because of the drugs taken..... I was not told this , so I got all excited.  I find out on Wednesday by blood test, but by Monday they said I can be fairly confident if it has worked or not........... so good luck to you for feb 16 :)
Thank you for your advice and your words of encouragement. Today is the big day for you. You will be in my thoughts. :))) BABY Dust!

Maddie
Thanks Candy, Sorry to hear you had so much pain. Mine was definitely not as bad as yours. I really appreciate the advice. I'm still learning about this fertility stuff and it gets confusing. Anyway, Baby Dust to you! Please keep me posted. I would love to hear some success stories and I know there are many out there.  My sister in law got pregnant with her very first IUI, so I know it happens.
Take Care!
Maddie
Hi there, I just did my 1st iui in Jan. I had cramping pretty much through the whole tww and got a BFP! I did not have any other symptoms during the tww. Good luck!!
I'm in the 2ww for my 3rd ivf.  I had one failed and one baby (yay).  When I was pregnant, I got these cool 'pulling and tugging' feelings right around the pregnancy test time and very sore boobs.  The main indicator is the implantation spotting which can be pink or pink/brown.  My pregnancy I had a light pink (too pretty to be what we normally get as women.. yuuk!) spot right around a week after ET, I believe.  ;o)  This time I had a pink/brown spot day 3 after ET, so I'm very hopeful and find out on Monday.  ughhhhhh!  One important word of advice:  ACUPUNCTURE.  Acupuncture during IVF raises your chances  of conception by 40-60%.  I did NOT use it my failed IVF and now I won't waste my time/money/energy on fertility treatments without it.  I have helped many many many women on their last attempt get pg by telling them to do acupuncture or stop complaining!  Research this!  Oh, and cramping is very normal.  ;o)  
my last IUI i did have period like cramps - and it turned out i was pregnant.  I had a second IUI on 2/27 and I haven't had any cramps or any symptoms - so i'm just assuming it didn't work.  Its better for me to assume the worst, but hope for the best.

Good luck to all!
Thanks for the advice. I have a good feeling about the cramps that I'm feeling too. I had some mild pink spotting the first two days after the IUI, don't exactly know what that means, but hope it has something to do with implantation. Not sure if it happens that quickly or not.  Keep me posted on your results and I will do the same. Happy thoughts!
Maddie
How amazing! Congratulations. I feel that I am possibly pregnant as well, though I cannot test until February 10th. BTW, how accurate will the hpt be at day 12 post IUI?  I will keep you posted. When is your due date?
Thanks! I waited until 12 dpiui to test and got a strong positive! The nurse said wait 14 days to test to make sure the trigger is gone, but on previous cycles I had tested at 10 dpo and got BFN so I was pretty sure the trigger was gone by 12dpo, plus I figured if it was left over trigger it would have been a very light positive. I am due Sept 27. Good luck!! Crossing my fingers that it will be BFP for you!