Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cramping pains after ET

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Cramping pains after ET

Hi I'm new to this I have had my 3rd ivf treatment and had 2et 5dt I have had some dull aches lower abdominal and breasts are a little tender And itch this is my 4th day the first one I don't remember I had any symptoms and got a Positive but M/C at 9 weeks .
2nd time I had quite a bit of pain breast really hurt but then started to bleed day 8 and got a negative.
I am going to the toilet a lot but then I am drinking lots of fluid as was told this helps with implantation.

Can any one advise me this is my last
HI there

I think all cycles can be very different, so try not read too much into it - trust me I know how hard this can be.  We had 2 IUI's and 3 IVF's, our first IVF was a bit of a waste of time as we later found out (after it failed) that I had a very high level of NK cells in my womb lining, and I wouldnt' have carried without steroids.  I had no symptoms at all for that one.  The 2nd I felt slightly different, tender breasts and lots of niggles on my ovaries but I over stimulated and ended up very ill in hosp - yuk!  I did get pregnant from that cycle but we had a chemical and I miscarried after 5 weeks.

My 3rd IVF was completely different...I was on much more meds as the more they investigated the more they realised I poss needed to try adding meds to assist me.  I had the same niggles in my ovaries, some very strange pains in my left ovary - again I assumed it was all from my huge ovaries as I stimulate so well.  The took really good care of me this time after being so ill last time (they also hit a blood vessel going into my ovary so I had an internal bleed - IVF no2 is one I don't like remembering lol).  I was monitored so closely and like I said, was put on additional meds....around 5 days before I was due for my HCG blood test I started feeling different...slight headaches each night, tired, going to loo constantly and achy in my tummy....I am now 23 and a half weeks pregnant!!  

Best advice I can give is continue with the water, drink 2-3 litres a day as yes it is so important.  Eat less sugary snacks as the constant dip/increase in levels can mess with implantation, so a low GI diet is good.  Completely cut out caffiene, only decaf drinks and that means no chocolate as it too has caffiene - although a little dark 75% cocoa choc wont hurt ;-)  Not hot baths as the temp isnt good for your little embryos, no stretching or lifting heavy items, and a little gentle exercise...maybe a short walk each day but no gym.  And no baby dancing with your partner...

I hope this helps, and wish you all the very best of luck :-)
Thank you I have been taking it easy and have been drinking lots of water I always drink decaf I am slightly worried as breast are not really painful just slightly tender and I have been getting some headaches the dull ache is now going just some strange twinge like feelings I have another week left which is dragging so much but I not going to test early.

Glad you good your good news and take care of yourself and the baby and I am praying that this one will work for me.
Thank you :) we really still cant believe we finally got here...well,  not quite yet as im still so anxious but trying to enjoy it. Its a horrible and tough thing to go through...all the symptoms of a period are also symptoms of a pregnancy so we just torture ourselves with every tiny ache and twinge.

Wishing you all the very best...I really hope this one is successful.
Thank you will let you know my outcome
Take care and try and enjoy some of it you have waited to long not to enjoy it.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers