Cramping post embryo transfer during 2 week wait
Hello, I am new to this Web Site and after reading about post embryo transfer cramps versus no cramps or no symtoms at all...if anyone can send me a message if they did get cramping after their transfer and if indeed you got a BFP!  If so, what were your symptoms if you don't mind sharing them with me.  I am in the 2WW post transfer on day 8 now and I am very nervous about it not working because we struggled to come up with the money and we won't be able to do it again.  I have a 10 yr old beautiful daughter who is Autistic and we have been trying to give her a sibbling for the past 6 or 7 years but no such luck.  We had not tried IVF before, this is our First Cycle.  I had 3 embryos transferred on day 3 about 8 days ago and have had some strong cramping for about 2 days and now light off and on cramping.  Does anyone have some encouraging words or success stories that you can share?  Hoping to hear from you, this site seems like a great place to make friends, share information and help each through...Take Care everyone!
Hi ~ I am on day 8 post 5 day embryo transfer and I'm wondering if my symptoms are good or bad?  For the first day or two after the transfer I was just kind of sore internally, I guess from the procedure ... but then on the second day I started getting "twinges", which I thought/ hoped were implantation, which lasted from day 2 - 5.  Then I had a few days with no symptoms, which had me worried, as if everything had somehow stopped.  Now, on day 8, I'm even more worried b/c I'm having pms-type cramping in my lower left side ... kind of tingly-cramping and had a headache yesterday, which I also usually get before I start my period.  I'm praying that I'm pregnant with these embryos ~ my beta is scheduled for this Monday, March 12.  Does anyone have any insight?  Thank you:).
I know how you feel. you want to know what every twinge, cramp means. I am trying to remember how i was feeling during the 2ww on my last cycles but I have blocked them out of my mind. I am getting most of the twinges on my right side. The 2ww is the worst part by far as you have no control over it. At least the build up to it there is always something happening and you are always informed but this part drives you crazy! I am taking my PT on 16/03/12. It feels like such a long way away, All we can  do is hang in there and keep everything crossed that they have nestled into their little nest in there and are happy. x
Thanks for commenting ~ I am wishing you all the best for your test on the 16th ... this is so hard, but let's be positive that this is already happening for us!  Have a peaceful next few days ... :)
Hi there. Wishing you all the best for your test today. Hoping it is a BFP or you. Sending all the baby dust and sticky vibes to you today! X
Hi all,

I just want to say GOOD LUCK to everyone.
hi
i need lil help.
i went Yesterday to the lap and did blood test. they colled me and congratulate . im using utrogestan 3 times 2 vag tabs per day. Till now all was clean white from the tablets. Couple of hours after the call i sow brown spotting , all day just a lil. This morning i went to pee . The brown spotting ( period im not sure ) was a lil more. I made preg test ( urin ) , was negative .
Today is sunday. I cant call any hospitals to ask for help.
Pls any help on what would it be ? why blood was positive and than bleeding and negative urine test?
tnx
Hello ladies, I'm 40 & an RN with experience working in IVF clinic in past.. I just did IVF for the 1st time. Stimulation progressed smoothly. ER 5/10. 11 follies, 9 mature eggs, ICSI done on all of them, 3 fertilized. ET 5/13. 3 fresh 8-cell Grade 1 embies transferred on day 3. I was told they're perfect embryos, as best as they can get. I did sessions of acupuncture leading to my transfer, and did 2 sessions back to back right before & after the ET. I was told strict bed rest for 36-48 hours - and to eat while lying down if possible - all of which I did. Plus I stayed home for a whole week from work just to make sure I got proper rest. I took all my meds exactly on time. I had swollen & sore breasts & armpits & frequent cramping to the point where I would have to do breathing exercises just to endure them. My first beta 5/23 - BFN. I was crushed because I felt like things were on our side: I had done everything correctly, had been so careful & punctual, gave all my injections correctly, had "perfect" little embryos & a healthy uterus. And yet it made no difference. I can't help but wonder if it's because they did not do Assisted Hatching & that could have been a reason why the embies did not implant. So ladies, don't read into anything too much. I went through similar worries during my 2ww. But as I was told by my RE, perfect babies can come out of low quality embies & perfect embies can be chromosomally defective & stop growing. Just try your best & hang in there. The thinking & worrying doesn't change a thing. The 2ww is really hard to endure, but harder than that is dealing with a BFN. Some of your stories inspire me to not lose hope, though I feel very sad & disappointed right now. My heart goes out to all of you trying lovingly to bring lives into this world - good luck & may we ALL see BFP results from this point forward. GOD BLESS.
Am on day 9 did my transfer on day 3.having cramps nd some spotting am equally nervous but I am trusting God.pls let us be prayerful and I believe it shall be well.am going in for my blood test on friday 1/6.
Thank you for your post. I have the same symtoms. The anxiety is taking the best of me. I am staying positive. I am on my 9th day after the transfer.
Hi, I am new in this..I am in my 8th day after transfer FET / 2 embies 4 days.
I have my beta 6/4. I can't wait to know. I been in bed and couch since 5/24, day of the transfer. Is my first IVF. I did 3 IUI last year..they failed. i am 34 and my hubby 41. i am irregular, he is ok.. i am so nervous..hope 123 when you will test . my dr will test after 10 days of transfer..i been feeling cramping, not too painful, comes and goes..mt breast are not tender..and today in the morning i has a little problem going to pee..it was little and very slow...please advise, someone felt that? i had mild cramping since before the transfer..thanks
Molly121212, if your cramping is mild then it is okay. The slow urine is a little worrisome. If your urine is dark & not flowing then you need to call your doctor. Does your back or kidneys hurt? If it was just the cramping then I wouldn't worry b/c it could be implantation cramping & that's a good thing. I just want to make sure that you don't have or forming an infection. Drink lots of fluids. I don't think you have OHSS which happens after the ER & that causes cramping, bloating, tender boobs, headaches, etc.

I'm a wreck too but after reading everyone's messages, I feel much better. I have my blood test tomorrow (Monday, June 4).  This is my 3rd round of IVF. Round 1 was biochemical pregnancy so that was disappointing. Then round 2 was BFN. But I'm staying positive & thinking this time it's it!!!

At least.... I'm trying to not think about it.... The 2ww is such torture
Hello, I did a 3 day transfer and start cramping day 2 after my transfer. Is that normal? I'm really scared being that this is now day 10 post transfer and I'm still cramping. It isn't regular cramps. But I can definitely feel something different in my abdomen. Toodie
OMG, what a complete roller coaster ride. As if the treatment and start of ivf wasn't bad enough this 2ww is killing me...lol This is my first round of ivf and it is such an emotional roller coaster. I had my embryo transfer yesterday and i am already going nuts...lol I have had really bad abdominal cramoing last night and now it is still there but is like a period pain. I don't know what to think but i am trying to stay positive. From reading some of oyur posts i now know that is a common thing which makes me feel a bit better but until i get the blood tests back telling me it has work i think i will always have some doubt. I know they say don;t do a home pregnancy test but that is all i want to do i want to know if i am going to have a beautiful baby to hold on to or it hasn't worked. I know that it will be a waste of money if i do as it will not tell me anything as yet as i am not due to go for our blood test till the 21/8... so fingers crossed it works an d we get a good result. have any of you used a HPT and if so when and did it give a correct result???
Looking forward to your response. thanx
Had my FET 6days ago, today day 7, I am having cramps, fever n bristers on my lip. Does anyone have similar experience. Peace
Hello again everyone, me & my wonderful husband have been trying to get pregnant for more than 9 yrs, and now I am on my 9th day with a 5 day transfer, I am more worried because my breast is barely swollen, I have very light cramps but that is what I normally feel before my periods I still go to bathrooms more than I used to and my insomnia is way worst I only sleep about 3 to 4 hours everyday and also my belly is bloated from the medicine I'm sure and also i feel really hot at night. is anyone out there that kinda like me? Did u have a bfp?
I just had 2 frozen embryos transfered on 9/17. I have been having cramps all week. They are in my lower abdomen. I don't get normal periods so to me these feel worse than a normal menstrual cycle cramp. I also had a migraine yesterday. I still have 1 more week until the blood test. I'm hoping and praying that it is positive. We had 2 failed fresh IVF cycles and these are our only 2 frozen embryos. We also won't be able to afford another IVF cycle so I know how you feel. I pray for the both of us that it works! Good Luck!
Hello everyone, am new here and a Nigerian. Did my blastocyst transfer on 2nd of Jan 2013 and today God surprised me with a "positive"! Am so excited!!

Here's a breakdown on how it went:-
Got 9 embryo retrieved on 27th of Dec..
The following day, 5 good ones fertilized..
On 2nd Jan, 3 were transfered and..
Am supposed to go to the hospital on 16th Jan but I cheated and did a home test and it turned out positive(to the Glory of God), would still see my doctor for confirmation!

I started feeling on and off little cramps right from the 6th day till date(it doesn't last more than a minute or so, though I drank a lot of water to that effect cos water helps a lot). On the 9th day I felt this unimaginable cramp (as if I was about to see my menstruation) and eventually, none came but there was a little brownish discharge and a tiny pinkish stain (I saw it only when I wipe after urinating)!

I wish each of us a "positive" and safe delivery in Jesus Name, AMEN!!
hi i am new to this site, very intresting and positive comments. i had 2 day 3 embryos  transfered on the 10th jan. ive had cramping on and off, back and hip pain, headaches also. has anyone had sleepless nights because of feeling aas tho u r going to be sick all night? anyone who has experienced this any comments would be helpfull. i have my blood test on mon and just hopeing i get a positive. this 2ww is horrible. been so tempted to do a hpt but i havent. x
I didn't know it at the time, but I was sleeping semi-up right because I feeling like I was going to be sick. I had a 5 day transfer and got a bfp. So you should stay positive, I blamed it on the progesterone at the time, because on previous attempts it made me feel sick as well, but not as badly as I was feeling with this one.
I had my transfer 3 days ago , a 5 day transfer,and  I have some cramping in the lower right side of my abdomen. I am worried because this too is our first cycle. We were pregnant once before but miscarried at 8 weeks. Anyone have this and be successful?
I'm on 6days post IVF (3 days ET). Transferred 3 embryos. I have been cramping on and off with leg and back pains. I feel sick at night almost feel like I am under a flu. But crazy thing it will only like last for 10-15 mins. I get up and tell my husband its gone Im better now. This is my first IVF cycle as IUI did not work for me though my last IUI resulted to BFP for 2 days only. This Monday Jan 28 I will be back in Drs office for blood work. Keeping positive which all of us should be regardless if we are all feeling differently. Good luck to all of us, we all deserve a BFP! God Bless!
I am on my 3rd IVF. On my first I had no cramping and ended in a BFN. My second IVF I had cramping from day one received a BFP but ended in a miscarriage. Yesterday was my ET but no cramping. Did anyone receive a BFP without cramping?
Hi there this is my first ivf cycle after 3 failed iui. I'm on day 6 and transferred on day 5 blast grade 5ab, having mild cramps and bloating, this 2ww is so hard, great to hear all the positive results, when is the earliest I can do a home pregnancy test,
**baby dust**
HI Vicky

Have you had your Beta done yet?
Hi im on my 8dpt an i had a 3day transfer.  i was very silly and today did a home test which was neg. . Im gutted!  an i have a awful tummy ache is this normal im due to do my test easter sunday.  im so scared.  i had brown discharge a few days after transfer i fort maybe this could be implanting!  my heads all over the place.  any advice!  xx
Hi we are starting IVF in a few weeks am so confused all these abbreviations can someone tell me what everything means. I keep seeing 2 WW. What does if mean?
Hi I am on 3dayvpost transfer still wondering do I have to keep be flat on my back or side wards is ok desperate seeking advice
I had my 3dt last Saturday.  Spent 1 hour "revoering" at the clinic, and was sent home to my normal routine. I was told NOT to stay still, as this doesnt really make a difference. The only thing I was told not to do is rigorous exercise.
hi everyone!! melissa from ny.i am 42 years old and have been trying to have a baby for over 11 yrs now with 2 miscarriages and too many too count iui's. this is my 2nd time doing ivf frozen embroys  all with donor eggs. i am in day 6 of transfer. 2 eggs were transfered 1 of eggs was already "cracked" out of its shell ready to attatch my dr sayis a good thing. i have been having craming on and off for days but today i started expierincing some lower back pain. i am scared because they can be part of the process or start of my period. i was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing any lower back and if it is normal. i am staying positive but worried at same time. thank you !
Hi missie! I just implanted 2 embryos last Thursday, one day 5 and one day six. This is my second frozen embryo transfer. I have been experiencing some back pain the last couple of days and today some cramping on and off. I am super nervous but trying to stay possitive! I have been constantly searching online and have found that there are no specific symptoms that are good or bad, everyone is different. I wish you all the best! :)
Hi,,
I had my frozen embryo transfer on 9/13/2013 . today is my 10 th day after transfer .I am having mild cramps on & off since 5th day after transfer and also left breast little bit sore and backache but no headache I am so nervous and stressful .Thinking too much I don't want to loose my embryo .please post me if anybody having symptom like me and get positive result.
Hi Minu718 or Anyone with Comments or Suggestions,
We did ICSI and am at 10 days after 3dt of 5 embryos (4 untransferred embryos did not make it to blastocyst stage so we have none to freeze ).  I have noted some symptoms, but not sure if it's just the progesterone or the onset of my period.  Mild cramping on days 2-3, some nausea, acid reflux (which I never get), mood swings and more cramping the last day or so that is worse with activity.  I don't have any breast soreness to judge by since I had a double masectomy with reconstruction back in 2005 after a breast cancer diagnosis.  
Started doing home pg tsts like a neurotic fool and have continued to do so even though they show a big fat negative since the trigger shot wore off around day 3.  My BETA is this Tuesday and I'm finding the wait to be even more difficult than all the injections!  This is our last shot at a sibling for our 11 yr old son due to budget constraints, and the fact that my age (43) and health history do not lend to good odds.  It's been an interesting journey and I do hope, as all of you do, to have a little of bundle of joy to welcome in 9 months should God be willing.
Anyone on day 8 of 5d ET ? Pls I need to someone to answer me .pls
I had my 5day transfer on the 23rd of October.  So I'm currently on day 8 transfer (day 1 being day of transfer).  Yesterday on day 7 I had the most SEVERE cramps I've ever experienced.  They hurt so much that I almost called 911 as in my mind I didn't think the DH was trying to get home fast enough.  Hubby got home and started driving me to ER.  The delta from the time it started to the  time they finally subsided in intensity was 45 minutes. Got to the ER and decided that I didn't want to go in as the severity of the pain was 80% gone. But we hung out for about an hour to make sure I was okay.

Spoke to the on-call doctor that night and said that if pain got worse to go to the ER.  Spoke with my physician this morning and he asked me a bunch of questions on the type of pain and where.  He was concerned that I might have ovarian torsion.  But I told him it was definitely cramping and not localized to either the right or left.  

Anyway - WAITING for my beta test on the 4th.... All this waiting is driving me crazy!  Let me know if you want details on my IVF cycle.
I had my ER on 21/10 and ET 2x2dt on the 23/10. I had soreness from swollen ovaries 2days before the ER and for a few days after, oh and the bloating!!! WoW isn't that another story? My boobs grew overnight after the trigger injection, then kinda stopped but now are bigger and heavier? I then had sharp stabbing pain 3dp2dt, is that too early? I have read that 2dt can implant earlier. I am choosing to believed it was the start of implantation. Im now 8dp2dt and still have random mild cramps, normal?? The thing i'm holding on to is, I would normally only cramp on the first day of AF so I must be pregnant - OKAY!! (self talk) Im too scared to home test incase its BFN but i think i will a day or 2 before my blood test……I think???? Im so tired of analysing every tiny feeling or no feeling i experience, its  driving me nuts. Did any who got a BFP experience very mild cramps or tingles when you needed to pee?
The 2WW is the worst………….!!!!
We are so close on our dates I had my ET on 10/25, so im on day 6. I had 2 embryos transfered. The most interesting thing about your post was that yesterday on day 5 i had the worst cramps in my life as well, while moving my bowels( sorry if tmi). I called my nurse today and was informed if it happens again to call her incase of the possibility of ovaian torsion. She also informed me that my ovaries were really enlarge and they are trying to return to their normal size.
Besided that isolated incident yesterday, I have had cramping ever since my transfer date. Sometimes it feel like AF cramping, and other times there mild and like butterflies.
We have 3 failed IUI and I have never experienced any pain like yesteday.

Im keepig my fingers crossed and hope for a BFP, I will definitely keep you posted and I would love for you to do the same.
I had a 5day blastocyst on the 24th and have had mild cramping up until today, they have pretty much stopped. Had a blood test on the 31, very early and it came back at a 5 HCG. I have another blood test on Monday and I'm very nervous as I have not had a positive on a hpt.
So today is your 8dpt and you had cramps up till today? Well as a nurse I know that the hcg level of a woman at any given time is 0 so if there was a scant amount of 5 thats awesome!!!!!
I got a BFP on 11/06 hcg level at 467!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im keeping my fiingers crossed for twins.
Hi all I had 2 embryo transfer 5 cells and grade 3-4 6 days ago, and since 11/11/13 I've been having cramping pains like my period is coming, im really nerves as it's my first ivf/icsi, i hope it's positive result
Hey all. I'm a gestational carrier currently on my 3rd day after my frozen embryo transfer. I was only given one embryo, and I am so anxious that my chances aren't too great. I've been experiencing some sharp pain under my belly button since last night, and my breasts have become super swollen and painful almost over night. I can't sleep either. I am currently taking Progesterone and Estrogen shots and haven't had any side effects since beginning them almost 2 months ago. Honestly, I just really need some reassurance. I feel totally alone in this, as the intended parents are men, who don't want to hear the gorey details-lol. Anyone out there a surrogate, or even just an IVF recipient kind enough to give me some advice?
Hi. I am on my 14th day post my 5 ET. The cramps r just not deciding to take a break today...I started getting cramps in lower abdomen and legs from the 3rd day itself post transfer. My beta is tomorrow and I am relli stressed and worried though it is my 1 IVF attempt. I am on a heavy dose of progesterone. So won't even know if periods r on the way....have a night to cross before d beta test.....want to know if someone has gone thru the same symptoms.....
Hello doctor, i have had four failed ivf and currently on the fifth, did a test yesyerday and was negative my doctor advice that i should wait for another 7days. am 17days gone after transfer i started have a brown-red bleeding though does not seems like my period cos its scanty also having pain on both left and right side of my abdomen. pls advise am confused
Hi...I just did my IVF and currently on the 8th day.
I experienced the same terrible pain u explained yesterday but did not go to the hospital. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Did u have a BFP?
Please lemme know....so anxious..My beta's on 29th..
thank you, this very encouraging
hello everyone, i am from nigeria. my wife and I are on the ivf treatment presently, 14 eggs were retrieved, 12 survived and 7 were fertilized of which 2 were transferred on day 5 (12th sept). its  8 days post transfer today and she is complaining of having premenstrual pain symptoms and she is due for the pt on 26th. looking forward to a BFP

I had my 5-day IVF trnsfr done in Dec 2014. This was my 2nd IVF attempt. I felt period like cramping starting on day 5 past trnsfr. Had blood test done on day 10 - it came out BFP. The next day in the evening I suddenly felt such a strong pain that I had to lay down. The pain lasted several minutes. It was so bad I thought I was having a miscarriage, I was sweating. My husband gave me a painkiller. I was ready to go to the hospital, but the pain stopped in a few minutes. Nine months later I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She just turned two months last week. My advise to all hopeful women going through IVF - try to not stress out and drive yourself crazy while waiting for the results even in situations like that. I know it is hard not to worry, especially when you feel discomfort as you may think something may be wrong, but try to think of it this way - it is more helpful for the embryo to implant if you stay calm than if you stress out. Good luck to you all!
Hi, I am 8 days past 3dt. It was FET using donor eggs. I was diagnosed at 27 with premature ovarian failure, I am now 34.
We transferred 2 embryos, one 5 cell and one 7 cell (is this good?).
I have had mild cramping from day 2-3 but that has got a bit stronger over the past few days. I have really tender breasts especially around my nipples and I'm very emotional.
I'm using estradiol patches (wearing 4 everyday) and crinone gel twice a day.
I done a hpt on day 5 and again on day 7 but both were BFN :(
My husband says it was too early to do them but I am distraught, this is our one and only shot at ivf.
Anyone has similar symptoms with a positive result or is this all just from the meds?
Good luck to you all x.