Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cramping post embryo transfer during 2 week wait

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hello, I am new to this Web Site and after reading about post embryo transfer cramps versus no cramps or no symtoms (symptoms) at all...if anyone can send me a message if they did get cramping after their transfer and if indeed you got a BFP!  If so, what were your symptoms if you don't mind sharing them with me.  I am in the 2WW post transfer on day 8 now and I am very nervous about it not working because we struggled to come up with the money and we won't be able to do it again.  I have a 10 yr old beautiful daughter who is Autistic and we have been trying to give her a sibbling for the past 6 or 7 years but no such luck.  We had not tried IVF before, this is our First Cycle.  I had 3 embryos transferred on day 3 about 8 days ago and have had some strong cramping for about 2 days and now light off and on cramping.  Does anyone have some encouraging words or success stories that you can share?  Hoping to hear from you, this site seems like a great place to make friends, share information and help each through...Take Care everyone!
I got cramping on the 2nd and 3rd day after my transfer.  I then felt very bloated until my hpt.  I did get pregnant & delivered a healthy baby boy last April (2008).  When the cramping subsided, I was convinced I wasn't pregnant & when the beta came back w/good numbers, I was floored!

I hope you get your BFP this cycle - I personally think the cramping is a good sign but I'm not a doctor either.  Lots of women on this site have experienced cramps and have gotten their BFP's.

I wish you all the best!!  Keep us posted - jen
I had my transfer done six days ago and I am also having cramps since yesterday and bloated feeling as well.  I am trying to stay hopeful that it is not my period coming, but the implantation process.
Do you think it feels different to you normal period cramps? Mine are more subtle and tingerly but deffinately sharp. Im on my first cycle day 5p ET im Anxious i actually did a test this am it showed negative but im hopeful for the 17th which is test day and day 13.....???
Hello Jen,

Thanks for responding to my message.  This was my first time on this site.  I appreciate your encouragement.  It seems that alot of the people that get a BFP usually even though not always get some cramping.  By the way, what does Beta mean? Since I am new to this I don't really know most the of the terms.  I'm glad that you were able to have your little boy, what joy and happiness...I can still remember when my 11 yr old was little, it was really fun.  One last question, since you've been through this process.  Because of it being Mother's Day tomorrow I am tempted to do a HPT.  Tomorrow will be day 10 post transfer.  Do you think it would be accurate or do you think I should do that at all?  The doctor said not to but my blood test is not unitl Wednesday and the anticipation is killing me.  I know you understand cause you've somewhat been in my shoes.  Anyhow, I hope you have a Wonderful and Blessed Mother's Day tomorrow!   Take Care, Annie
Hi there, yes I think the cramps are similar but I had some tingly or fluttering feeling (like butterflies) yesterday and the day before...but then it could be my nerves.  I don't feel the usual headache I get when my period is coming and I also feel some slight backache or like cramp feeling on my lower back.  I would also say my hips hurt a little too.  Who knows.... As for testing, I think from what I've read that the earliest you can do a HPT is about from 9 to 10 days post transfer.  I just sent a message to 40smama that's been through this before and I hope to see her response soon.  Take Care, Annie.
HI
When we did IVF last year I had AF cramping. For days before and on the blood test day I kept going to the toilet as I was sure my AF had arrived. I ended up getting a BFP and I have a son now. I couldn't believe it as IUI's hadn't worked and all that crampoing mad me convinced it hadn't worked.

Good luck!!!!!
Hello, thanks for responding to my message.  I see that you're in Australia, wow that's pretty amazing...I live all the way in Florida, USA.  Congratulations, what a beautiful baby, such a blessing.  I'm glad to know that cramps can lead to a BFP, that really gives me hope.  I was wondering, did you ever do a Home Pregnancy Test before the Blood Work?  An if you did, how many days past IVF procedure date and did you get a positive?  Hope to hear from you.

Take Care, Annie
annie - I plan on answering your pm as soon as I'm done w/this post.  The beta's the blood pregnancy test where the hormone hcg is measured to see how high it is.  About whether to test or not - since you had a day 3 transfer, I would think it's too early as you don't test until day 14.  I had a five day transfer which is a little different - since we transfer later, we test earlier.  Really at the same time - it's just that the embryos develop in the lab longer so we test at day 10.  

I would wait a few more days to give the embryos a chance to implant - don't lose hope!! - :-)) - jen
Its is really nice to have someone to talk to about this. I had my embryo transfer 6 days ago too, and i have started to experience some mile pains in the RHS at the bottom of the tummy. Wonder if thats normal and if it means anything,. Has anyone had that?
Ella
hi everyone, i have been reading lots and lots of post from you all and now hopeful.  i had 19 foliciles at retrieval, 10 fertilized, and had a day 3 transfer with 6 cell grade II, 4 cell grade II, and 5 cell grade III.  the 7 embryos did not continue to develop so got news from lab that none are left to freeze.  this is my first IVF (IUI did not work for us.)  i was totally devasted that of 10 fertilized egg, i only had three mid-quality ones to transfer.  today is my day 9.  since yesterday, i have been experience cramping.  today is worse.  no bleeding.   tempted to HPT tomorrow (my BETA) is this coming wednesday.  trying to stay positive but its very hard.  have had two miscarriages before thru natural conception.
Has anyone had cramping almost each day since transfer?  mine has been very light mostly - but almost every day beginning about 2 days after the transfer.  for about 2 days - i had none and a tiny bit of very light pink spotting once.  

Best of luck to everyone!
I have been having cramps on and off since my three day transfer.  I am 10 days post now and am going in for my blood test Monday.  I have also had bloating and fluttering feelings, but am concerned about the cramping.  I think as my beta test nears I am analyzing my cramps and symptoms more and it is driving me nuts!  I am praying we all get our BFP, we all deserve it.  This is my husband and my fourth IVF but I am kind of thinking of it as our first because our new doctor diagnosed me with polycystic ovaries and the other doctor did not notice that.  Anyways I hope for all of us it is a successful one!  It is very helpful to hear your stories and get reassurance during this very stressful time!
I had my transfer 5 days ago on day 3. They put 2 embryos-1 6 celled grade 2 and one 6 celled grade 3. I am 28 with premature ovarian failure. I have had AF cramps off and on since the transfer and they appear to be getting worse. The bloating is unreal and I have had lots of gas. My breasts appear to get be getting sorer... but I don't know if this is from the progesterone or if I'm imagining it! Any comments would be much appreciated:)
hi,

I had 3day ET on 27th feb. Its almost eight days. I experiences lots of cramping for two days and now on and off cramping. Generally it is there when i am a little tired. sometimes there is excessive urination. Can anyone help me. I am confused should i go for a HPT. what is the earliest i can go for a HPT.
hi everyone, I had my 5 day blastocyst embryo transfer yesterday, I was wondering when is the earliest i can get my beta done? when they say 2 weeks, you start counting from the day of transfer as your day five or is it day 0??

I am on day seven after my transfer, and I have had cramps since day one, but they get much stronger, and I am also having other monthly symptoms.  Like pms, I am extremely emotional.  I hope its not over yet, I check every five mins to see if my monthly has come, but not as of yet.  Plus I am not technically due until next Friday.  

I need some hope, has anyone had this same thing?  
Hiya everybody, I am new to this website, it seems great!  First of all I hope you all get your BFPs!  I had a 3 day embryo transfer on Monday with two embryos.  We have failed three IVFs over the last year and this time using donor eggs.  We think my eggs are the problem as never got past blastocyst (not sure the first two times) but they never did the third time.  This time I had two put back, two good grades and one went to blastocyst and now frozen so hopefully my two inside have as well!  I felt fine after the transfer on Monday, Tuesday was ok but yesterday had quite severe cramps (day 5 blastocyst day) and today some cramping but not as bad as yesterday and not all day long.  I have had cramps and sore breasts before the transfer which is the cyclogest pessaries (progesterone) and wonder if that is still it but I dont remember getting it this bad on previous cycles.  I felt massively lethargic last night, very weird and very emotional, Im wondering if it was all to do with implantation? but would it be that soon 2 days after 3 day transfer?  Any help is very greatly appreciated.  

Nicky x

I had 3 day embroyo transfer on Monday just gone as well with 2 embroyo's transferred. Cramping started almost immediately and today I still find it hard to stand up for extended periods with more centralised discomfort that has now eased off.  I thought I felt a tingling sensation yesterday but am unsure. The only other thing I have noticed is unlike normal breast tenderness, my nipples became sore this morning and I now notice the aerole becoming smoother than normal. My question is, if implation has occurred, would the cramping stay or ease off?? Any assistance would be grately appreciated
HI, I am on d6p5det, and the tww is driving me crazy!!!  I have been trying to conceive since 2005. I have had 6 failed IUI, left salpinogectomy, Ivf1 I got pregnant with b/g twins who I lost at 21 weeks. IVF 2, 6 months later, I got pregnant with my beautiful littly boy who is now 14 mo, and in NOv I had a failed fet, and am now waiting for my beta on 12/22.  I know, almost there.  Its just frusterating knowing that right now I am pregnant or not pregnant.  All the "signs" could be either my period, the meds, or I could be pregnant.  AAAAHHH.  I have looked at many other groups and while following yours I really thought you guys are supportive and seem to be going through the same emotional roller coaster I am.  I wish the best to everyone.
Hi there,

there is a thread for december 2010 ivf'ers back in the forums, that a lot of the ladies here are now on if you would like to join in on that one.

cheers
Don't worry ladies; all of us will enjoy our BFPs as our holiday gifts from God. They're all positive. Stop worrying, just sit back and relax and wait and see. Remember, all positives!!!!!
Hi. I'm Candy and I'm 3dp3dt. I've been cramping since the day after the transfer (which was Saturday, Dec. 18th) and nothing much today, except a slight pain below my let ovary. This is our first transfer, but we've been trying for the last four years now. The eggs were nicely divided cells (one 8 cell with very little fragmentation and one perfect 4 cell). 14 were retrieved and 8 were matured but only two fertilized and we are soooooooo grateful for those two. I even got a very strong feel that both will implant. I guess we just have to wait and see! But I am faithful optimistic and I will be very happy with one or both of those resulting in healthy happy baby (ies). Best of luck to you all and just pray and believe that you are pregnant; envision yourself nursing and holding your baby; and trust God, you will!!!
i am 8 day post frozen embryo transfer and laying on my couch with cramps. is this normal? should i be worried i took a hpt on day 6 and it was negative. i'm worried.
Hello everyone, I'm in the UK. I am day 6 pt with a 3 day embryo. I have been having cramps since the transfer and so bloated I can't even do my trousers up! I'm so nervous as this is a surrogate baby for a couple who cannot have children of their own. It really puts the pressure on when you know it will break someone else's heart if I get a BFN next week. Can't test til day 13.
think cramping is pretty normal.  I had cramping after my fresh transfer (which didn't result in a pregnancy) and also cramping after my frozen transfer (which DID result in a pregnancy!).  I will be six weeks along on Friday and am just starting to get pregnancy symptoms (nauseous, food aversions, cravings, etc).  The only symptom I had sooner was extreme fatigue.  I had my FET on 2/23.  My first beta was on 3/4 and my second was on 3/7.  I started to feel inhumanly exhausted about 3/1 or 3/2.  So that was my first clue that something was "up."  The cramping, sore breasts, etc can be due to all the IVF medications you're on.  I can't stress enough to you how important it is to NOT WORRY and/or stress, though.  I know that's definitely easier said than done.  But what is meant to be will happen and everything will work out.  It only makes it harder on your body when you're stressing.  GOOD LUCK to you!!
Hello everyone,

I am in the 2ww.  I had the egg retrieval done Saturday March 12th 2011 and then on Tuesday March 15, 2011 had three embryo transferred.  Two of them were 8cell already and the third was a 6.  Just as some other posts said, I did IUI, but no success.  Now because insurance won't cover anymore moved onto IVF.  Yesterday started cramping a lot in abdomen.  Still taking injections of progesterone in oil daily.  I'm alittle discouraged because this is the same feeling when I did IUI and it was a big negative.   :(   I do have a question though:  when I was looking at some other sites they were doing a breakdown of what occurs during a 3 day and 5 day transfer.  On the 3 day they said the embryo doesn't start breaking through its shell and implanting until 6-7 days after.  Now are they counting from day of retrieval or day of transfer?  
I did ivf icsi with a day 2 transfer and I started taking HPT's on day 8 they were all negative. Even on day 12 it was negative so I stopped taking progestrone and patches. I test again on day 13 and got a positive and negative. Today is my blood test and I test this morning and it was positive again... Dont give up hope.. You really can't tell until 14 days after. I took litrally 12 tests.. Hoping that it would change from negatve to positive and it finally did!!
Hi all, I would like to share my story with you in a hope that it will help one of you out there, as it helped me reading your stories.
My first In vitro after six years of trying to get pregnant. I almost gave up hoping as I turned 35 and thought that my fertility years are over.( now 35 and half).
At first I wasn't responding to the drugs for a week! Than I became overstimulated and ill with ovarian over- enlargement! After a week on Dostinex I felt tiny bit better. On day 3 had my ET (2 )and was still sick to my stomack, bloated, cramping...The cramps didn't go away, headakes on and off, nausea..I had it all as Progesteron likes to do that. I was positive the embryos wont take due to the overstimulation syndrome I was going through. It did. I got a call from a nurse today saying that I'm pregnant. In despite of the cramps that felt 100% premenstrual- identical , especialy in the two days when I was due for it. I didn't get my period after all.
Please don't give up your hope.
Dear All,
i new in this forum, i just get embrio transfer on 10/6. I was so nervous and worri that how come i did not feel the mild cramp as mention above? izt my cycle this round is fail? im 26yr old.
Hi there, I am new to this sight also, but have been finding it so helpful throughout this process. I to has a ET done on the 11/6 2011, and I'm right in the middle of my 2ww. And like everyone else I'm going out of my mind!!!! I had 2 wee 3day embryos transferred, one 8 cell and one 5 cell. 7 eggs were retrieved in total, but sadly none of the others made it to freeze :(  I have alot of cramping and bloating at night, I feel tired, but the progesterone is probably responsible for that. From what I have read, everyone is so different with their after transfer symptoms, and nothing seems to be text book for a +++++ outcome.  Like the rest of you lovely ladies I want this so much it hurts. I have a 10yr old daughter and never once thought I would have to walk this path... But here I am.... This forum is amazingly helpful. My fingers and toes are crossed for you all :)
Hi Everyone,

Finally found a site where people are experiencing what I am.  Im currently in the  2WW.  I had single embrio transfer on day 3.  Im currently on day 10 of the dreaded 2WW.  THe last day or so, i have started to experience some minor cramping, almost like period pain, but not as intence, and it comes and goes as it likes.  Are or have most of you experienced these "cramps".  Not knowing is the worst feeling in the world.  I have been calm until yesterday when i got a little anxious and irritated and very emotional hoping this works.
Good Luck to everyone, and if anyone has any advise id love it:)
My wife and I just had the egg transfer last weekend and she goes for her blood test this weekend. It's our first ivf and I am praying it's positive. They transferred two embies so hopefully one sticks.  My wife was a little sad because she did a home pregnancy test yesterday and it came back negative, also she said she feels fine except for cramps she had which though might be her period

I'm really hoping it will work but at the sane time this comes from god so if it meant to happen I will.:)

From Montreal, will keep you posted
HI THIS IS MY SECOND IVF AND I AM IN MY 9TH DAY .... I STARTED FEELING CRAMPS ON THE 7TH DAY AND TODAY I WENT TO THE RESTROOM AND I GOT A LITTLE STAIN AS WHEN THE PERIOD IS ABOUT TO START KIND OF BROWNISH... I SHOULD DO THE TEST ON MONDAY.... PLEASE ADVISE ME DO YOU THINK THE IVF HAD FAILED , SHOULD I DO THE PREGNANCY TEST .. I FEEL AWFUL RIGHT KNOW I FEEL REALLY SCARED THAT IT MY NOT HAVE WORKED..THANK YOU I REALLY NEED SOME ADVISE
I am in my 2ww and it is tough.  I had my 3-day transfer of Friday and it is now Tuesday and I've been having some light cramping in the middle of my stomach.  I am trying not to worry but it is hard. I go in for my blood work tomorrow morning.
I am on day nine of a three day transfer so an on the same day as MrsVega. I have been having type craps for the last two days. I am not sure if it is working as I don't feel any different.
I am on the 8th day of transfer and from the afternoon of the transfer i have had lower cramping and even more so when i move the wrong way, my boobs are larger and sore, going to the toilet more often, headaches , back pain ,and over the last few days  hearing the sound of my own heart beat , blood pressure is slightly raised and feeling flushed and hot.  When i went to the hospital the nurse advised me these are all symptoms of the embryo finding a nice place to settle into for the next 9 months and the meds that i am on post transfer.
is anyone experience no cramps, no back pain within 2ww? this is my 10d from et and will have hcg on 9/22/11.

most of u experience the effect of cramping...

please give me enlightenment to those who also experience like me.

i felt the implantation doesnt work because i dont have those signs

liz1209
this is day 10 of my embryo transfer. i'm trying not to get to nervous but today i experienced intense cramping- numbing, like i'm getting my period. i also have slight staining. my breast feel full too. i'm so nervous. i'm praying that this is a good sign. but i don't know. i do my ept test on saturday. any insight from former folks who've gone through this.
yes i do feel slight back pains, am on day 8 of my 2ww, since urs was in sept, wht was ur result? postive right?
Please share _ I have all the symptoms you mention, even the heartbeat in my ears!  If you don't mind telling me, what was your result? Thank you!  I am only 2 days post 3day transfer and I am freaking out!
I had my et on Wed, today, is day 3 and I have no cramps or pain at all. I think that I might lost the embryos. Any one have the same experience as me?
Hi Liz,
I had my transfer 3 days ago and no cramps or pain at all. So are you pregnant now? any good news?
I am on the 10th day of transfer ,I have had cramps , i feel lower back pain all time, sore breasts,etc but i checked htp today early morning ,it was negtive thats y am so worried .plz help mee. gud luck all.
Hi, I have my day 5 transfer five days ago and my belly really hurts, anybody there?
Hi Encarni,
I am on 11 day post transfer and no cramps at all.
hey all,im 6 days post 2 embryo transferd and period due in 4 days but i have cramps already and think it may well be all over,again. this is so unfair
Hello, all
I am 28 years old and this was my first IVF. I had been diagnosed with bilateral obstructed tubal disease, so knew right away what was needed to be done to concieve (conceive). While going through... my doctor started me on a smaller dosage of medication because I was so young and I ended up with only 3 good embryo's , and by day 2 only 1 survived. After day 3 transfer of only one good embryo I was very much so loosing it!! The doctor that did the transfer had said, " You know the reason we did a 3 day instead of of a 5 is because the embryo wasn't looking to great." < "NO" , I didn't know that, but after being home that one day and resting , I resumed regular duties for the remainder of the 2ww's. I did a peak test on day four and it was negative, then another on day 9 and " EYES OPEN WIDE"!! it was " POSITIVE". A slight pink shade!! Then after I did thousands and each day it got darker. I ate all the same foods, no cut backs and continued my progesterone 3 times daily as suggested by the docotor. No sexual intercoarse which was the hardest, and 16 days post transfer HCG blood, POSITVE at 1041... I am excited and have to go back in two days to make sure the numbers are about 70% greater, which will show great progress.

I just wanted to post to let all know that durning my 2ww stage I would not have maintained stress levels without this site. I also saw somethings on here that made me doubt it was going to happen. My only symptoms were slight cramping. I got one sharp stabbing pain about day 4-5, I'm thinking that's when it implanted. But to all the women trying , keep the faith and keep a good support group. My mother and husband were the best!! And although my two classes suffered for this semester, Praying for a C instead of a postive result right now sounds and feels so much better. Good luck to all and I will update you on my progress. I'm praying for nothing but success!!! Thank you GOD!!!
Congratulations -just been reading all the comments here - I am on day 3 of 2ww and am getting some cramping also headaches which i thought were from lack of caffeine.  Good luck
This is my day 4 post et and am having pains in my breasts. Is this normal? Or is this a negative result?

I am 6 days past a 3 day trasfer (2 embies). After the transfer I had 2-3 days of cramping and today I have had nothing until now (early evening) I have lower back pain and I feel like AF is on her way. My breasts have been really tender but not so much today. This is our 3rd attempt at IVF (with ICSI) and I am praying it will work this time. I don't know if I can go through this again. is anyone out there having similar symptoms??
Hi ~ I am on day 8 post 5 day embryo transfer and I'm wondering if my symptoms are good or bad?  For the first day or two after the transfer I was just kind of sore internally, I guess from the procedure ... but then on the second day I started getting "twinges", which I thought/ hoped were implantation, which lasted from day 2 - 5.  Then I had a few days with no symptoms, which had me worried, as if everything had somehow stopped.  Now, on day 8, I'm even more worried b/c I'm having pms-type cramping in my lower left side ... kind of tingly-cramping and had a headache yesterday, which I also usually get before I start my period.  I'm praying that I'm pregnant with these embryos ~ my beta is scheduled for this Monday, March 12.  Does anyone have any insight?  Thank you:).
I know how you feel. you want to know what every twinge, cramp means. I am trying to remember how i was feeling during the 2ww on my last cycles but I have blocked them out of my mind. I am getting most of the twinges on my right side. The 2ww is the worst part by far as you have no control over it. At least the build up to it there is always something happening and you are always informed but this part drives you crazy! I am taking my PT on 16/03/12. It feels like such a long way away, All we can  do is hang in there and keep everything crossed that they have nestled into their little nest in there and are happy. x
Thanks for commenting ~ I am wishing you all the best for your test on the 16th ... this is so hard, but let's be positive that this is already happening for us!  Have a peaceful next few days ... :)
Hi there. Wishing you all the best for your test today. Hoping it is a BFP or you. Sending all the baby dust and sticky vibes to you today! X
Hi all,

I just want to say GOOD LUCK to everyone.
hi
i need lil help.
i went Yesterday to the lap and did blood test. they colled me and congratulate . im using utrogestan 3 times 2 vag tabs per day. Till now all was clean white from the tablets. Couple of hours after the call i sow brown spotting , all day just a lil. This morning i went to pee . The brown spotting ( period im not sure ) was a lil more. I made preg test ( urin ) , was negative .
Today is sunday. I cant call any hospitals to ask for help.
Pls any help on what would it be ? why blood was positive and than bleeding and negative urine test?
tnx
Hello ladies, I'm 40 & an RN with experience working in IVF clinic in past.. I just did IVF for the 1st time. Stimulation progressed smoothly. ER 5/10. 11 follies, 9 mature eggs, ICSI done on all of them, 3 fertilized. ET 5/13. 3 fresh 8-cell Grade 1 embies transferred on day 3. I was told they're perfect embryos, as best as they can get. I did sessions of acupuncture leading to my transfer, and did 2 sessions back to back right before & after the ET. I was told strict bed rest for 36-48 hours - and to eat while lying down if possible - all of which I did. Plus I stayed home for a whole week from work just to make sure I got proper rest. I took all my meds exactly on time. I had swollen & sore breasts & armpits & frequent cramping to the point where I would have to do breathing exercises just to endure them. My first beta 5/23 - BFN. I was crushed because I felt like things were on our side: I had done everything correctly, had been so careful & punctual, gave all my injections correctly, had "perfect" little embryos & a healthy uterus. And yet it made no difference. I can't help but wonder if it's because they did not do Assisted Hatching & that could have been a reason why the embies did not implant. So ladies, don't read into anything too much. I went through similar worries during my 2ww. But as I was told by my RE, perfect babies can come out of low quality embies & perfect embies can be chromosomally defective & stop growing. Just try your best & hang in there. The thinking & worrying doesn't change a thing. The 2ww is really hard to endure, but harder than that is dealing with a BFN. Some of your stories inspire me to not lose hope, though I feel very sad & disappointed right now. My heart goes out to all of you trying lovingly to bring lives into this world - good luck & may we ALL see BFP results from this point forward. GOD BLESS.
Am on day 9 did my transfer on day 3.having cramps nd some spotting am equally nervous but I am trusting God.pls let us be prayerful and I believe it shall be well.am going in for my blood test on friday 1/6.
Thank you for your post. I have the same symtoms (symptoms). The anxiety is taking the best of me. I am staying positive. I am on my 9th day after the transfer.
Hi, I am new in this..I am in my 8th day after transfer FET / 2 embies 4 days.
I have my beta 6/4. I can't wait to know. I been in bed and couch since 5/24, day of the transfer. Is my first IVF. I did 3 IUI last year..they failed. i am 34 and my hubby 41. i am irregular, he is ok.. i am so nervous..hope 123 when you will test . my dr will test after 10 days of transfer..i been feeling cramping, not too painful, comes and goes..mt breast are not tender..and today in the morning i has a little problem going to pee..it was little and very slow...please advise, someone felt that? i had mild cramping since before the transfer..thanks
Molly121212, if your cramping is mild then it is okay. The slow urine is a little worrisome. If your urine is dark & not flowing then you need to call your doctor. Does your back or kidneys hurt? If it was just the cramping then I wouldn't worry b/c it could be implantation cramping & that's a good thing. I just want to make sure that you don't have or forming an infection. Drink lots of fluids. I don't think you have OHSS which happens after the ER & that causes cramping, bloating, tender boobs, headaches, etc.

I'm a wreck too but after reading everyone's messages, I feel much better. I have my blood test tomorrow (Monday, June 4).  This is my 3rd round of IVF. Round 1 was biochemical pregnancy so that was disappointing. Then round 2 was BFN. But I'm staying positive & thinking this time it's it!!!

At least.... I'm trying to not think about it.... The 2ww is such torture
Hello, I did a 3 day transfer and start cramping day 2 after my transfer. Is that normal? I'm really scared being that this is now day 10 post transfer and I'm still cramping. It isn't regular cramps. But I can definitely feel something different in my abdomen. Toodie
OMG, what a complete roller coaster ride. As if the treatment and start of ivf wasn't bad enough this 2ww is killing me...lol This is my first round of ivf and it is such an emotional roller coaster. I had my embryo transfer yesterday and i am already going nuts...lol I have had really bad abdominal cramoing last night and now it is still there but is like a period pain. I don't know what to think but i am trying to stay positive. From reading some of oyur posts i now know that is a common thing which makes me feel a bit better but until i get the blood tests back telling me it has work i think i will always have some doubt. I know they say don;t do a home pregnancy test but that is all i want to do i want to know if i am going to have a beautiful baby to hold on to or it hasn't worked. I know that it will be a waste of money if i do as it will not tell me anything as yet as i am not due to go for our blood test till the 21/8... so fingers crossed it works an d we get a good result. have any of you used a HPT and if so when and did it give a correct result???
Looking forward to your response. thanx
Had my FET 6days ago, today day 7, I am having cramps, fever n bristers on my lip. Does anyone have similar experience. Peace
Hello again everyone, me & my wonderful husband have been trying to get pregnant for more than 9 yrs, and now I am on my 9th day with a 5 day transfer, I am more worried because my breast is barely swollen, I have very light cramps but that is what I normally feel before my periods I still go to bathrooms more than I used to and my insomnia is way worst I only sleep about 3 to 4 hours everyday and also my belly is bloated from the medicine I'm sure and also i feel really hot at night. is anyone out there that kinda like me? Did u have a bfp?
I just had 2 frozen embryos transfered on 9/17. I have been having cramps all week. They are in my lower abdomen. I don't get normal periods so to me these feel worse than a normal menstrual cycle cramp. I also had a migraine yesterday. I still have 1 more week until the blood test. I'm hoping and praying that it is positive. We had 2 failed fresh IVF cycles and these are our only 2 frozen embryos. We also won't be able to afford another IVF cycle so I know how you feel. I pray for the both of us that it works! Good Luck!
Hello everyone, am new here and a Nigerian. Did my blastocyst transfer on 2nd of Jan 2013 and today God surprised me with a "positive"! Am so excited!!

Here's a breakdown on how it went:-
Got 9 embryo retrieved on 27th of Dec..
The following day, 5 good ones fertilized..
On 2nd Jan, 3 were transfered and..
Am supposed to go to the hospital on 16th Jan but I cheated and did a home test and it turned out positive(to the Glory of God), would still see my doctor for confirmation!

I started feeling on and off little cramps right from the 6th day till date(it doesn't last more than a minute or so, though I drank a lot of water to that effect cos water helps a lot). On the 9th day I felt this unimaginable cramp (as if I was about to see my menstruation) and eventually, none came but there was a little brownish discharge and a tiny pinkish stain (I saw it only when I wipe after urinating)!

I wish each of us a "positive" and safe delivery in Jesus Name, AMEN!!
hi i am new to this site, very intresting and positive comments. i had 2 day 3 embryos  transfered on the 10th jan. ive had cramping on and off, back and hip pain, headaches also. has anyone had sleepless nights because of feeling aas tho u r going to be sick all night? anyone who has experienced this any comments would be helpfull. i have my blood test on mon and just hopeing i get a positive. this 2ww is horrible. been so tempted to do a hpt but i havent. x
I didn't know it at the time, but I was sleeping semi-up right because I feeling like I was going to be sick. I had a 5 day transfer and got a bfp. So you should stay positive, I blamed it on the progesterone at the time, because on previous attempts it made me feel sick as well, but not as badly as I was feeling with this one.
I had my transfer 3 days ago , a 5 day transfer,and  I have some cramping in the lower right side of my abdomen. I am worried because this too is our first cycle. We were pregnant once before but miscarried at 8 weeks. Anyone have this and be successful?
I'm on 6days post IVF (3 days ET). Transferred 3 embryos. I have been cramping on and off with leg and back pains. I feel sick at night almost feel like I am under a flu. But crazy thing it will only like last for 10-15 mins. I get up and tell my husband its gone Im better now. This is my first IVF cycle as IUI did not work for me though my last IUI resulted to BFP for 2 days only. This Monday Jan 28 I will be back in Drs office for blood work. Keeping positive which all of us should be regardless if we are all feeling differently. Good luck to all of us, we all deserve a BFP! God Bless!
I am on my 3rd IVF. On my first I had no cramping and ended in a BFN. My second IVF I had cramping from day one received a BFP but ended in a miscarriage. Yesterday was my ET but no cramping. Did anyone receive a BFP without cramping?
Hi there this is my first ivf cycle after 3 failed iui. I'm on day 6 and transferred on day 5 blast grade 5ab, having mild cramps and bloating, this 2ww is so hard, great to hear all the positive results, when is the earliest I can do a home pregnancy test,
**baby dust**
HI Vicky

Have you had your Beta done yet?
Hi im on my 8dpt an i had a 3day transfer.  i was very silly and today did a home test which was neg. . Im gutted!  an i have a awful tummy ache is this normal im due to do my test easter sunday.  im so scared.  i had brown discharge a few days after transfer i fort maybe this could be implanting!  my heads all over the place.  any advice!  xx
Hi we are starting IVF in a few weeks am so confused all these abbreviations can someone tell me what everything means. I keep seeing 2 WW. What does if mean?
Hi I am on 3dayvpost transfer still wondering do I have to keep be flat on my back or side wards is ok desperate seeking advice
I had my 3dt last Saturday.  Spent 1 hour "revoering" at the clinic, and was sent home to my normal routine. I was told NOT to stay still, as this doesnt really make a difference. The only thing I was told not to do is rigorous exercise.
hi everyone!! melissa from ny.i am 42 years old and have been trying to have a baby for over 11 yrs now with 2 miscarriages and too many too count iui's. this is my 2nd time doing ivf frozen embroys  all with donor eggs. i am in day 6 of transfer. 2 eggs were transfered 1 of eggs was already "cracked" out of its shell ready to attatch my dr sayis a good thing. i have been having craming on and off for days but today i started expierincing some lower back pain. i am scared because they can be part of the process or start of my period. i was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing any lower back and if it is normal. i am staying positive but worried at same time. thank you !
Hi missie! I just implanted 2 embryos last Thursday, one day 5 and one day six. This is my second frozen embryo transfer. I have been experiencing some back pain the last couple of days and today some cramping on and off. I am super nervous but trying to stay possitive! I have been constantly searching online and have found that there are no specific symptoms that are good or bad, everyone is different. I wish you all the best! :)
Hi,,
I had my frozen embryo transfer on 9/13/2013 . today is my 10 th day after transfer .I am having mild cramps on & off since 5th day after transfer and also left breast little bit sore and backache but no headache I am so nervous and stressful .Thinking too much I don't want to loose my embryo .please post me if anybody having symptom like me and get positive result.
Hi Minu718 or Anyone with Comments or Suggestions,
We did ICSI and am at 10 days after 3dt of 5 embryos (4 untransferred embryos did not make it to blastocyst stage so we have none to freeze ).  I have noted some symptoms, but not sure if it's just the progesterone or the onset of my period.  Mild cramping on days 2-3, some nausea, acid reflux (which I never get), mood swings and more cramping the last day or so that is worse with activity.  I don't have any breast soreness to judge by since I had a double masectomy with reconstruction back in 2005 after a breast cancer diagnosis.  
Started doing home pg tsts like a neurotic fool and have continued to do so even though they show a big fat negative since the trigger shot wore off around day 3.  My BETA is this Tuesday and I'm finding the wait to be even more difficult than all the injections!  This is our last shot at a sibling for our 11 yr old son due to budget constraints, and the fact that my age (43) and health history do not lend to good odds.  It's been an interesting journey and I do hope, as all of you do, to have a little of bundle of joy to welcome in 9 months should God be willing.
Anyone on day 8 of 5d ET ? Pls I need to someone to answer me .pls
I had my 5day transfer on the 23rd of October.  So I'm currently on day 8 transfer (day 1 being day of transfer).  Yesterday on day 7 I had the most SEVERE cramps I've ever experienced.  They hurt so much that I almost called 911 as in my mind I didn't think the DH was trying to get home fast enough.  Hubby got home and started driving me to ER.  The delta from the time it started to the  time they finally subsided in intensity was 45 minutes. Got to the ER and decided that I didn't want to go in as the severity of the pain was 80% gone. But we hung out for about an hour to make sure I was okay.

Spoke to the on-call doctor that night and said that if pain got worse to go to the ER.  Spoke with my physician this morning and he asked me a bunch of questions on the type of pain and where.  He was concerned that I might have ovarian torsion.  But I told him it was definitely cramping and not localized to either the right or left.  

Anyway - WAITING for my beta test on the 4th.... All this waiting is driving me crazy!  Let me know if you want details on my IVF cycle.
I had my ER on 21/10 and ET 2x2dt on the 23/10. I had soreness from swollen ovaries 2days before the ER and for a few days after, oh and the bloating!!! WoW isn't that another story? My boobs grew overnight after the trigger injection, then kinda stopped but now are bigger and heavier? I then had sharp stabbing pain 3dp2dt, is that too early? I have read that 2dt can implant earlier. I am choosing to believed it was the start of implantation. Im now 8dp2dt and still have random mild cramps, normal?? The thing i'm holding on to is, I would normally only cramp on the first day of AF so I must be pregnant - OKAY!! (self talk) Im too scared to home test incase its BFN but i think i will a day or 2 before my blood test……I think???? Im so tired of analysing every tiny feeling or no feeling i experience, its  driving me nuts. Did any who got a BFP experience very mild cramps or tingles when you needed to pee?
The 2WW is the worst………….!!!!
We are so close on our dates I had my ET on 10/25, so im on day 6. I had 2 embryos transfered. The most interesting thing about your post was that yesterday on day 5 i had the worst cramps in my life as well, while moving my bowels( sorry if tmi). I called my nurse today and was informed if it happens again to call her incase of the possibility of ovaian torsion. She also informed me that my ovaries were really enlarge and they are trying to return to their normal size.
Besided that isolated incident yesterday, I have had cramping ever since my transfer date. Sometimes it feel like AF cramping, and other times there mild and like butterflies.
We have 3 failed IUI and I have never experienced any pain like yesteday.

Im keepig my fingers crossed and hope for a BFP, I will definitely keep you posted and I would love for you to do the same.
I had a 5day blastocyst on the 24th and have had mild cramping up until today, they have pretty much stopped. Had a blood test on the 31, very early and it came back at a 5 HCG. I have another blood test on Monday and I'm very nervous as I have not had a positive on a hpt.
So today is your 8dpt and you had cramps up till today? Well as a nurse I know that the hcg level of a woman at any given time is 0 so if there was a scant amount of 5 thats awesome!!!!!
I got a BFP on 11/06 hcg level at 467!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im keeping my fiingers crossed for twins.
Hi all I had 2 embryo transfer 5 cells and grade 3-4 6 days ago, and since 11/11/13 I've been having cramping pains like my period is coming, im really nerves as it's my first ivf/icsi, i hope it's positive result
Hey all. I'm a gestational carrier currently on my 3rd day after my frozen embryo transfer. I was only given one embryo, and I am so anxious that my chances aren't too great. I've been experiencing some sharp pain under my belly button since last night, and my breasts have become super swollen and painful almost over night. I can't sleep either. I am currently taking Progesterone and Estrogen shots and haven't had any side effects since beginning them almost 2 months ago. Honestly, I just really need some reassurance. I feel totally alone in this, as the intended parents are men, who don't want to hear the gorey details-lol. Anyone out there a surrogate, or even just an IVF recipient kind enough to give me some advice?
Hi. I am on my 14th day post my 5 ET. The cramps r just not deciding to take a break today...I started getting cramps in lower abdomen and legs from the 3rd day itself post transfer. My beta is tomorrow and I am relli stressed and worried though it is my 1 IVF attempt. I am on a heavy dose of progesterone. So won't even know if periods r on the way....have a night to cross before d beta test.....want to know if someone has gone thru the same symptoms.....