Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cramps/Pain after HCG Trigger??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Cramps/Pain after HCG Trigger??

Just wondering if this is normal or what. Last night at 9pm I triggered (Ovidrel) for the 1st time. Was on 75iu of Puregon CD3-CD11. Today I had AF like cramps all day and now it feels really tender. If I lay on my stomach it hurts and feels like my bladder is way too full causing pressure..but it is not full at all. It is right above my pubic bone and feels tender to the touch. Also if I push on it  I notice the left side hurts a little more but in general it is straight acrossed. Much worse when my bladder is full also. It really feels like I have been holding my pee for too long, that I have to pee so bad it hurts feeling.
I took my trigger shot last tuesday and have been extremely bloated and uncomfortable ever since. Did ET today and still feel bloated. My RE said this is normal after trigger shot and may last for a week or more. Good luck and hang in there!
Thanks. I guess I didn't realize it would make me this uncomfortable. I don't have the best of luck so right away I panic that this IUI will be cancelled. I am uncomfortable walking, laying and even sitting. As long as it is normal then I can deal with it.

Thanks again for the help! :)
Do you think a heating pad is ok? I had a warm bath and it seemed to help a bit but I can't stay in there forever. I am going to try tylenol as well but thought a heating pad would help. Could that hurt ovulation in any way??
'
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers