Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cycles and ovulation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Cycles and ovulation

I have read to call your doctor if you cycles are longer than 35 days (even though i have not been trying for a year but only 4 months) and mine seem to be around 37-38. I've been using opks this month and on cd 23 and no sign of the big "O". Also using several different ovulation predictor calendars they say should have been yesterday.
I would follow up with your doctor. They can check blood work to make sure you are ovulating and also checking for hormonal imbalances that may be impeding your fertility and causing longer cycles.
Good luck!
CD 27 and no positive on my opk. I don't think I'm ovulating yet since stopping bc. How long was it for some of you to start ovulating after stopping bc?
It can take several months for your cycles and ovulation to return to normal after birth control, especially if you have been on it a while. Still check in with your doctor. They can check if you are ovulating and help you ovulate if your ovulations are not consistent each cycle.
Thanks so much! I did call her and she said the same thing and that I'm doing everything I should be doing. I checked this morning and although its cd 28 I had a very very faint line on the opk so I'm hoping it gets darkerin the next few days. First time I have seen anything.
Well got a darker line this morning but still negative. Went to work and bam AF arrived. Shorter cycle but no ovulation!
It's a tough waiting game until your cycle balances out. If you wanted to to try something in the meantime, look into Vitex Fruit. It's a natural supplement that helps to balance hormones, especially estrogen and progesterone which can make a huge difference in success with pregnancy. We TTC for almost 3 years and weren't successful. We did our research and I had only taken Vitex for 3 weeks when we turned up pregnant. Part of my issue was my progesterone levels, which Vitex helped to correct. I have since had 2 good friends try it, one with PCOS and very irregular cycles and the other recently off birth control with irregular  cycles...both are now pregnant after only taking Vitex for 2-3 months. This supplement gave us our miracle. I know we'll use it again when trying for baby #2.
There's a lot of success stories out there with Vitex. We're definitely one of them. If you are interested, you can do a little research of your own and see if it's something you want to try in the meantime.
We bought ours at GNC, but you can get it online too. It's not very expensive, about $7-15 for a month supply.
Good luck!
Thanks you so much!
You're welcome! We wish you the best of luck!