Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cysts delay period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Cysts delay period?

To all you ladies who have dealt with ovarian cysts, have you experienced a delayed period due to the cysts?  I had one round of IUI with a BFN.  When I went to the clinic to start the second round, I was told I had multiple cysts and would need to wait a month. So I have been waiting and just want this cycle to end!  So now I am on cd27 with no sign of AF.  I'm anxious to start my next cycle (and pray the cysts are gone) but was wondering if I can expect delays due to the cysts?  

Thanks so much for sharing any info.
I've had to deal with cysts for two cycles now.  The first cycle, I got AF on day 28, but this cycle I needed to go on provera to induce a period so that I could start birth control pills to get rid of the cysts and then start the new cycle.  I would suggest that if you don't get AF in a few days, call the doctor's office and see if they will prescribe you something to induce it.  Hope this helps!
I've never experienced this before, but i just wanted to say i hope everything works out and you can get on this ttc journey again! Can't your doc to an u/s to see if your cysts are gone? If they won't do another u/s, maybe wait a couple more days to see if af shows, and if not call and see if they can give you something to incuce your period. Good luck sweetie!
Thanks for your replies and some good advice!  These cysts seem way too common.

I will definitely call the clinic if af does not show in a few days.  I am supposed to go in on my next cd3 for an u/s to see if they have cleared.   I really hope everything is cleared up.

Good luck to you both!
Stacey
I was terribly delayed due to cysts. One cycle was 60 days! Normally 28-30. It took 2 mos for them to go away. I hope yours goes away quickly!