Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
D&C Procedure
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

D&C Procedure

Im having a D&C procedure done on 2/01 for fibroids Im wanting to know if I have a greater chance of becoming pregnant after the procedure due to the fact I haven't been pregnant in over 20 years.
Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Fibroids can definitely be a factor in preventing you from becoming pregnant.  So, if you are otherwise reproductively healthy and don't have other infertility issues, then I would say yes, you do have an increased chance of becoming pregnant once they have been removed.  If you are looking to become pregnant then I would discuss this with your doctor and see if he or she believes the surgery alone will help or if they think you need fertility medications to help you along.  If you are not looking to get pregnant then I think you should discuss birth control options with your doctor.  Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Bridget
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Had D&C procedure yesterday very lite cramping & bleeding pretty much just slept all day yesterday wondering if my period will remain the same count as it was before the procedure or do I start over with a new period for example the first day of my last period was 01/17/10 I usually bleed every 27-30 days will count from the 17th or will it start a new time & do I have to wait the full 2 weeks or can I start to try to conceive as soon as the bleeding stops?
Blank
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi- glad your procedure went well.  I am not sure about your second question.  I am going to move your question to the Fertility Forum and see if you get an answer there.  Good luck.

Bridget
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank