Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
DHEA and ovulation & menstrual cycle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

DHEA and ovulation & menstrual cycle

I am 46 yrs old and still trying to get pregnant.  Since last 2 years I have very irregular cycle sometimes menstruation is 6 months later.  Would DHEA help me to regain my cycle and ovulation.  If yes what dose.  Hopeful.
I would suggest Macaroot & Vitex to regulate your cycle. Do some reach and see what you think.  Another member suggested it to me, so this is only my first cycle taking it.

I tried DHEA but it brought up my FSH level which was already high.  If you take DHEA, my doctor had me take only one a day. I don't know if it would help with ovulation, but I thought  I would give a try under doctors care.  I am no longer taking it.

Risa
What is Macaroot and did these help regulate your cycle? S-Gerard
you should really see a reproductive endocrinologist to get some baseline hormone testing done.  time is not on our side when it comes to egg quality and quantity and they may be able to help you faster
Macaroot, is a pill you can take to help with ovulation.  I just started it, so I can't tell you personally if it works, but I did hear of a person who took it and got pregnant that same cycle eventhough she had high FSH level.

Risa
Thank you very much.  
Do you take Macaroot and Vitex together? or just one or the other?  The person that got pregnant did she have large delays in cycles prior to getting pregnant - do you know?
Yes, you take them together.  No, the person who got pregnant had other issues.  

However, if you look on the web and other forum groups, you will see that women who stopped ovulating and having periods started once they took Macaroot. Both really help with ovulation and pregnancy.  

Risa
Thank you.  I saw on one web site that you start with 1/4 teaspon of powder Macaroot and then move up to one teaspoon (could be used with water, food etc).  Is this correct and do you know how much Vitex is taken (I am assuming it is capsules).  I am currently also doing accupuncture; I am hoping that this will also help.  Thanks again.