Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
DHEA improving egg quality

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

DHEA improving egg quality

Well, after experiencing my 2nd miscarriage at present, I really want to do everything possible to improve my egg quality before our next round and was wanting to know what everyone thinks about DHEA?

You can't get it in Australia unless it's homoeopathic, but if enough people think it's worth it then I will look at getting it online from overseas if anyone has a recommendation

I am a nutritionist so already have a good diet and loads of various supplements so am thinking that my age (nearly 40) must be the reason why we have now lost 2 babies .. but I don't want to give up, just make sure that I'm as healthy as I can be and give my eggs the best chance possible so any advise on the use of DHEA would be very much appreciated!
Hello Toni,
I am taking it mainly for the same reasons as you, I am older 41 yrs, poor egg quality and prouction so after our 3 failed ivf's, 1 miscarriage, read about this product on the internet(cant get it prescribed in u.k).
At present cant comment if its helped but certainly havnt had any side effects and take 1 50mg pill a day, have done so for over 1 month now, also took provera but havnt got a bleed yet to try clomid again, last provera pill 8 days ago but unfortunetly NOT PREGNANT! took hpt neg, I think i havnt bled as my oestrogen too low, dr said this could happen as I dont ovulate and my hormone levels very low(hence taking the provera to bring on bleed to take clomid to help me ovulate!) vicious circle. Getting back to Dhea one reason i got some off the web was because of the comments and feed back from people that have sworn by it, that it definetly improved quality and production of your eggs. Will let you know if i read or hear any recent remarks about the product or if i feel its helped me, best wishes thinking of you melissaxx  
Thanks mel. Where did you get it online?  I never thought I had an egg problem but after 2  miscarriages am starting to think so
I went to an acupuncturist and she gave me some herbs and also told me to buy DHEA. I took DHEA for one week  and was on my period ..my period lasted a week. I got scared and stopped that same month i got pregnant unfortunately I mc. Also i had stopped taking the herbs when i was pregnant my acupuncturist was not happy that i stopped.
Hello, the best site I found(where i got mine from)was www.******.net, it says they will post world wide and it cost me £12.00 for 1 bottle. I wish i had a camera that could see what is going on inside my body, i dont menstruate, have taken the provera which hasnt given me a bleed making me think low eostrogen, cant take clomid so no ovulation, yet 2.5 years ago , was same low weight i am now, had no periods and by some miracle had Alfie.Not ready to throw towel in yet, forever greatful for our beautiful son and will keep trying for his sibling. best wishes melissax
no studies on this yet re: embryo quality. but it has been known to maximize/improve follicle count and # of eggs retrieved in older women. my FSH went down and my AMH went up, which is good. assume you have read the studies. if not there was one in india and one by CHR in new york.

good luck.

in the states you can buy it at GNC.

thanks all .. I will look at seeing if GNC will sell overseas .. mel .. medhelp blocked the url you entered so if you could pm me with it that would be great

and usuk .. I did do a bit of research but will now look for one from India and CHR .. thanks!! it's always good to be as informed as possible

this miscarriage is truly awful and I really don't want to suffer through another one!
Hello, the missing word is biovea, put that in, the site is very good.To be honest I don't know if any of these medicines, drugs, vitamins really work, they may help some and they may not but when you've tried most things and a new product has good reviews , i have the attitude "give it a go", my eggs are poor and i don't produce many.best wishes let me know how you go, going to dr's on friday to get blood tests, see if dhea has made any effect to them, eostrogen,progesterone etc.melissax
thanks lovely .. I'm not sure what to do but kind of feel like I should be doing something as I really don't want to go through this again .. maybe I'll wait until after your bt's on friday before I order any ... my eggs seem to be fine and I produce what look like perfect embryo's (not a lot mind you) but they still fail .. so would love something to make a difference
Hello again, wont be going to dr's now, the provera has given me a bleed(started this morning so hormones arent that low)fab for me, makes me feel something is going right now i can start clomid and hopefuly the dhea will have made better quality and production of my eggs, we shall see how next month or 2 go. best wishes melissax