DPO vs DPT
Can someone help me out with this?  I feel I should understand this at this point but no one's explained and I haven't asked, figuring that I'd figure it out as I went... So... why is it that everyone refers to DPO with regards to when they're testing?  Wouldn't it make more sense to refer to DPT?
Also (and this I'm REALLY embarrased to admit I don't know), if we're going with DPO, how does one know the exact day of O???  I mean the date of T is marked clearly on my calendar... it was a scheduled appointment... I know when it was!  But O???  
k... I'll just go blush quietly in the corner now.
DPT is days past transfer. It is only used when doing IVF and embryos have been transferred.

DPO is days past ovulation. Most women who know when they ovulate are using a monitor, u/s, opks, bbt or sometimes a combination of several methods to cross check.  I use opks and bbt to pinpoint o.

Then of course there is DPIUI. Days past IUI.

It can all be confusing for sure :)
Thank you Tina!
Yes, I was aware of what the abbreviations stood for.  I just didn't understand how so many people seemed to know when they ovulated nor why one would refer to DPO when you know full well when the transfer is done.  Had NO idea that people monitored ovulation.  I'm rather naive with regards to all this because IVF is relatively new to us.  Also, due to our circumstances, I know of nothing aside from IVF as there was no alterbative for us so alternatives were never discussed or looked into.
Thanks again.