Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
DUPHASTON DYDROGESTERONE????for what purpose is this ? light my day

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi guys ,I went to RE ,due to my period was light and was spot .unusual,and  since 7-8 i had a stomach pain ,cramps and it was so bad ,i couldnt sleep at night ,so i finally went to the Preg test (blood test) NEGATIVE ...then  U/S which the result are ok ,that means no problem no cyst and nothing was found inside of my OVary as well .Then my Uterus lining was Thick and the RE said its good too .Because i ask her if maybe i have cyst or thought my lining was thin which cause my light spot period .,Since she didint found any of those ,I ask her i felt the stomach pain .and she answer me that was the ovulation and then were suppose to B'NG intercourse during that time when i feel that was a cramps and pain ,But we already missed it ,we dont get the right timing ...So after all she prescribe me a pills  Duphaston ,which is under name or generic name what ever we call this a dydrogesterone...I just confused for what is this ,because she just said i dont miss to take it ...2X a day good for 10 days ..Is this progesterone treatment ????? Just wondering if theres anyone use this pills please let me know what is the great news would be ..I appreciate your story ...and my Re told me that next period if i have period ,I will go back to her  -1st day and 2nd day of my period because shes going to do IUI for me ,Is the pills that i need to take now is for my system to be accurate handle the baby or this is only for progesterone thing ...? I hope so and im very very excited if she will do a first IUI for me ,do i need to go with my husband during 1-2nd day of my period ,what does the doctor check on me while i have a period does she check it or ultrasound ..will because i never had experience about pregnant ,dont have kids since ,and nver pregnant in my life yet .,,,its new for me . this IUI will be the first  insymination thing ....so Pray for me Ladies  Hope this will be our month ...here  How many days after my period does the doctor start the artificial insymenation ,.is that by cathether ,or thats my husband sperm will put on the tube then mix it or wash it ...sorry for my questions this is my curiosity and excitement ...wowowowow!!