Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Deceiving Triphasics

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Deceiving Triphasics

Hello all,

I know it's been a while but this board has been a bit busy and I just can't keep up but I still check in every day.  I saw a few women questioning triphasic BBT charts today.  I just wanted to show you all my chart that APPEARS to be on the verge of being triphasic but it means NOTHING.  Why? Because I did not BD before or around O this month, DH was away for two weeks (as always my luck).

But take a look and see that you can't put too much hope into a triphasic chart alone, especially one high temp.  Luckily I didn't expect a BFP because I would have been jumping across the room after seeing the high temp this am.  I NEVER got a temp that high this close to AF due.  As always, I really hope that we get some BFP's this month.  I'd love to hear of some Christmas gifts like that.  Meanwhile, I'm back in the game next cycle since DH will NOT be away!!!

Here's my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/176cde

Trish
Temps can be deceiving.  Good luck to you next cycles!
Thanks for your post.  I'm one of those who made a post about a triphasic chart.   So here is what will probably be another Triphasic BFN:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1dfeff
My temp went a bit down this morning and I had some cramping. I am now prett sure that AF is on her way.
Best of luck in your next cycle!
LOL, What about immaculate conception?  I have been wondering where you have been! I was about to put a post out to you to see if you were ok. Not much has changed here.
Clumsy, wow, your chart looks really triphasic and hopefully you'll be getting a BFP soon.  I see you're at about 15dpo so that's a good thing.  Super sticky baby dust.

Tina, yeah, I'm still hanging in there and I see that you are also.  You know I was thinking it was an immaculate conception too, or a REALLY old leftover spermie LOL.  But AF is peeking in right now but that's all fine and dandy.  I actually can't wait to start the next cycle!!
I just started bbt charting. What does triphasic mean?
Triphasic means that your temps start heading into a whole new higher range.  My chart was not technically triphasic because it was only one high temp.  But if you notice a pattern of maybe 5-6 days after O in one range and then they all of a sudden they rise again and you get another 3-4 temps that high, then it's probably triphasic.  A triphasic chart is a good sign but should not be considered a definite sign because we all can have triphasic charts and not be preggo.

Good luck!
OH!  So, it is a good thing - typically - if you're chart is triphasic becuase that could indicate a pregnacny.  Got it.  This charting is a bit confusing for me.  I'll figure it out with your help!
Thx.