Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Did anyone get pregnant with pcos?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Did anyone get pregnant with pcos?

Hi I just need some extra support...did any of you get pregnant with pcos? I took clomid, glumetza, a trigger shot, estrace, and prometrium this cycle and I am on my tww. I am only 6 dpo and I don't feel anything...should I? I just want a baby and I'm sick of this rollar coaster ride:(
hey i have PCOS also ive been ttc for over a yr now and its been hard....i was on clomid for 4 months...1 failed IUI when my RE dx me with high prolactin levels..i was put on meds for that and after 1 month i am currently doing gonal-f injections i keep going to my RE office every 2 days for blood work and u/s tomorrow i will be cd14 waiting to see when i can do my ovedrill injections so i cam do my next IUI and than wait to see what happens...dont get discourage i have a friend who has PCOS and has had 2 kids with no problem..and my sister in law has PCOS and shes got 2 beautiful girls and one on the way it can happen just dont give up and try everything be more aggresive (aggressive) if clomid dosent work dont keep on taking it for months and months move on to the next step ...good luck and keep us posted.
I have PCOS and got pg... I had to move from clomid to injectables though... I was about 270 lbs when I did all this and hadn't had a nomal period for 3 years.. I lost 90lbs doing low carb and exercise and my period is back to normal... I then got preg on my own the first month trying... there is hope...
i have pcos and am almost 26 weeks pregnant.  I did metformin, femara, hcg trigger and prometrium.  (I also took prenatal vitamin, extra folic acid and a baby aspirin because I had two previous miscarriages.)  They monitored the follicle growth by u/s.  At 6 days past ovulation I don't think I felt anything.  By about 13 dpo I was sure I was about to get my period  then after testing negative it finally turned positive (to my surprise - I had just about given up).  Are you getting good size follicles by day 13 or so with clomid??  If so you are probably doing everything you can right now.  If not you could ask you doc about femara.  It can work in women who don't ovulate well with clomid.  I would at least try it before moving on to injectibles since they are so expensive.  I have never had normal periods - the last two years they ranged from 33 to 54 days in length.  When I was younger they were even longer.  And I am only maybe 10 pounds over ideal weight (more now since I am preg) and was thinner in my younger years (I am 37y now). Best of luck - it is hard but you are doing what you can for now before moving onto more intense treatments.
I got pregnant this past month, my first round of clomid.  However it ended this last week in miscarriage @ 5 weeks.  It can be done though!
i got pregnant on cycle 3 of clomid and trigger shot of ovidrel.  however i did miscarry at 7 almost 8 weeks...  like love1221 said, IT CAN BE DONE!!!!!!  keep your head up and keep all the hard work up too!!!!  i'm on my tww right now and can barely stand it!
I have never had normal periods but the doctors always said it was because I run so much, I am about 117lbs so I'm not overweight, so I can't reverse it that way. I don't know its just really hard...everyone else around me is getting pregnant and now since people know we;ve been trying for so long they feel bad for us and its just a big mess. Thank you for all your info and best of luck to you all.

mlb1234-
should i be on a baby aspirin as well???
oh and my follicles grow great with clomid