Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Did not get a bleed before starting Menopur/follestim

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Hello all,
I am new to this site. I have been struggling with infertility since 2007. Now i am doing IVF for the first time. I was on ACTIVE BCP for two months, delays caused by cyst aspiration and other things. So i had no period for these two months. I stopped last sunday the BCP and am supposed to have a bleed. I start medication, meopur in the morning adn folletim in the evenning tomorrow (wednesday) but i have not yet had the bleed after the BCP.
Does this sound right? Has anyone had something similar to that? I am worried the nurse at the clinic may be too busy to realize this situation. I am not sure if this is a serious situation or not.
Any information will be useful to me.
Thanks.
Tags: af, bcp, Menopur
When I start Menopur/follistim I barely spot and my RE said 1/3 of people won't have it and still OK.  I think another lady named trying2conceive in this forum have your same problem and she is going to have egg retrieve tomorrow.  Don't worry, It should be OK.
Even after you start menopur/follistim it bleeds a bit, it should be OK too.

I'm going to have a day 3 transfer on Thursday.

Good luck.
Hey babywanted556 thanks for your note. It seems in general my body is not responding much to the meds. I did have the period after all. it started on teh first day of the meds and continued for four day, as if i was not taking meds. My estrogen on day 4 of the medication was 20 and day 7 it was 87! The Friday ultrasound will show if my 6 follies are growing.
How if your cycle going?
R
I also got bleed on the first day of the meds and last long for couple days as well.  I'm on very high dosage of follistim/menopur and got 20 eggs, 17 mature, 12 fertilized, transfer 8 and discarded 4 since it stoped development.  12/1/09 will be my beta day.
That is so exciting. I bet you cannot wait for the days to pass till your test date.
What was your menopur/follestim dose i am curious? I only produced 4 follicles and right now not sure if the cycle will proceed or get cancelled. My FSH is 12.9.
Wishing you all the best dear.
R
I'm 39 and due to my age I have 375 follistim + 225 menopur daily for 9 days.  My FSH is 6.
My previous cycle I had 375 bravell + 75 menopur and only produce 4 eggs and very small then Re increase menopur to 225 total for 11 days and I got 12 eggs, 8 mature, 5 fertilized and transfer all 5, but failed.  I hope this time will work.
When is your Beta?
Monday 12.1.09.  I wish your beta got double
Good luck!!!
Where is your clinic?
My clinic is quite conservative about # of embryos to transfer. I am turning 38 and they want me to transfer 2 or 3. It is in Orlando, FL, CRM
Good luck on Tuesday.
R
My first RE is so conservative, I transfer 3 and it failed.  Maybe just because of me, I need alot embies.  I switch to another clinic purchase a package of 2 cycles.  He is so aggressive.  First cycle, he transfered all 5 embies without any left over.  I got pregnant but MC.  Sencond, he transfered all 8 embies without any left over, this really shocks me, but I took the risk and got pregnant again, but ectopic.  
This round, I purchase a package of 3 cycles and got 50% off on any of his procedure except the package.  On the 4th one, he transfered all 5 and failed.  This time, he changes protocol and I produce a lot, ofcouse, he doesn't  want to transfer all 12 embies, but 8 is alot.  the rest 4 is only 4 cells anyway, we discard.