Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Difference between af and implantation bleeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Just wondering about implantation bleeding...My af is due 2 days from now and I think Iam 12 dpo...I had a very light spotting last night...then it stopped this morning...Usually, my af would start out heavy on the 1st and 2nd day...so this is kinda new to me...Iam still waiting for af right now cause last night I was pretty sure that that was af already...I know its pretty early to tell..but Iam just so anxious and hopeful about getting pg this month cause that would be the best xmas gift ever for me and dh...but if this is af...then I guess I won't be getting my xmas wish after all...
Baby dust to all...I hope everyone would have a nice holidays...!!!
From what I understand, IB is very light and very rare.  But, from it sounds like this might be it for you.  I, however, do get some spotting a few days before AF, but since yours stopped, it might actually be implantaion bleeding...You should test, it might show true results by now!
Ooohh maybe your gonna get your bfp!!!!! Keep us posted.
i have had implantation bleeding with 3/7 pregnancies. (only have 2 ds), so it is definitely possible. i hope yo get the bfp you have been waiting for!!!!!
Just a rhetorical question...Why does everybody say implantation bleeding is "very rare" when the statistic is 20% of pregnant women get it?  That doesn't seem that rare to me.  Anyway, I had implantation bleeding and it was one big, thick, red, drop.
everyone's Implantation bleeding is different it can be thick , stringy or a spot the colour is usually red or pink but if its brown blood it can be also but i would say brown blood is old blood.
I had Implantation bleeding mine was in my discharge pink and stringy it was nothing like a period. only happened once in a day it scared the life out of me. 2 weeks later I get a period  so I can't be pregnant. Anyway if any1 had IB at the beginning and still getting there periods did you not know you were pregnant? Has any1 been through this?
Anyway when you get IB it said its the 4th week of pregnancy don't know if thats true though I'm not sure
This post is a year old, anyway.

No one really knows if implantation bleeding even exists.  Some women who are pregnant report spotting, and its' theorized it could be from something as tiny as this . burrowing into the uterine lining.  
If it exists at all, it is just spotting.  Anything heavier in a woman who is later found to be pregnant, is just unexplained early pregnancy bleeding.
A related discussion, implantation confusion was started.
So just a question..Has the implantation bleeding ended up with the BFP or has someone got AF later on???
Even im having IB today which is 11dpiui...im due for AF on 18Feb.
Im goin thou same, i had ib 4 days before af lasted few days then completely done,it was dark red,brown,black and them color r associated w ib.well 8 days late n still bfn.my doc says to wait 2 weeks after being late then retest, sometimes it take a while for ur levels to raise, my cousin was 3 month before it would show up,and she took 5 bt and 7 hpt all were  BFN. Until  12 wks.weird n crazy.. but what urgoing does sound like ib.and tht comes 3-7 days b4 your period and can last to a hr up to 2-3 days,but i have read that some woman last a week with heavy bleeding so its tuff to determine it. Id say wait a week then test,, gooood luck to you....