Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Discharge after Embryo Transfer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Discharge after Embryo Transfer

Im now on Day 12 after Embryo transfer, i felt quite bloated during the first week and took it easy but by the second week i felt fine and experienced no symptoms up until today (day 12) that i experienced a greenish coloured discharged... It was rather powdery probably due to the cyclogest pessaries..

Im sure ive read posts where people have seen reddish or brownish spotting or bleeding as this may be implantation bleeding but what if it is a more greenish colour what does that mean...

Please help and advise...
I am in my TWW also 14 DPT of FET. I too had lots of symptoms in the first week which seemed to have settled now, apart from cramping.

I started having pinkish and brownish discharge but it has now changed to a greenish brownish colour...I wish I could tell you what it means but I don't know. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Lots of babydust to you
Many thanks for your comments, I was getting worried as i wasnt sure if implantation had occurred as many people on the 2WW on other forums had expressed seeing the discharge just before the test date but like you my discharge started more greenish but then a slight brown and i hope this is the implantation process taking place as my test date is tomorrow...fingers crossed im so nervous...

When are you due to test? Good Luck to you - Keep us posted with your update!

Lots of babydust to you too...
My test isn't until Monday.....Im so over the waiting....In Adelaide Australia they make us wait 18DPT to do the BT.

It killing me.

Goodluck tomorrow I really mean that...I will be thinking of you all day and keeping everything crossed for you...As soon as you feel able let me know how you go...Here's hoping for a BFP!!!
I did my test early this morning and to my disbelief it was Negative, i couldnt believe it, I was so certain that it was going to be Positive. I had the spotting the last 3 days and was so sure that it was the Implantation bleeding.

I rang the hospital and informed them that i had used an over the counter pregnancy test which tells you in digital whether you are pregnant or not and i should have used the one the hospital gave me as it was the one with 1 line (negative and 2 lines (positive).

I am now awaiting to hear from the hospital, I just dont understand, everything was going ok we had 9 fertilised eggs from which 3 were suitable for the Transfer and only 2 were put in and 1 we have decided to freeze.

So i am hoping to do the test again tomorrow/sunday and take it from there, i really wanted a happy ending and had hoped everything would be fine, but these things are out of your control and its hard when it doesnt go your way, Ive been feeling down since morning and have told my family which has been the hardest part to do as everyone was hoping it would be fine...but it wasnt meant to be, Maybe it was for the best...

I just dont understand the brownish stains ive been getting, they were not like a period and i did not have any sharp pains so dont understand, anyway will speak to the Dr and take it from there...

I hope i havent upset you as you still have a few days to go... I wish you all the best and hope your dream comes true...

Take care...

Oh I am so sorry honey...I had everything crossed for you too....is it possible its too early to tell you haven't seen the old hag (AF) yet from what you have said....I was reading on another web site that some people take up to 18 days to get a + result.

Keep it touch and I will continue to send baby dust your way hoping for a BFP soon.
Thank you for your support, I did the test again this morning and it was Negative...I kinda knew as the bleeding became quite heavy like it was a period. Ive been feeling very upset and heart broken, I had high hopes and  feel as the last 3 months have been taken away from me as that is when our treatment initially started and now we're back to square 1. I feel so depressed and try to find answers as to where this went wrong. I have been booked into see the consultant in a months time but i think it would be wise to see someone sooner but was advised that a months time is appropriate, im having second thoughts in going back to the same place...and am so confused into what to do, as dnt know how id manage if we fail second time round...

Good Luck in your test and i hope it all goes well for you...

Let me know how you get on and lots of babydust is being sent your way...

Take care.....
Hiya

How did you get on, I hope you got a BFP...

Im ok, back at work, keeping my mind busy so that i dont keep thinking about it...

Take care