Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Dislocated Cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Dislocated Cervix

During my recent physical, my doctor told me that he couldn't see my cervix, it was tilted downwards. Could this be why we haven't been able to conceive in more than 12 years? My feeling is that it the position of my cervix is a result of abdominal surgery performed 16 years ago.

Thanks in advance.
J
Did you ask the doctor if this was possibly done by the surgery?  Some people just have cervixes in slightly unusual spots (mine is on the left).  But if the flow from your period gets out, sperm can get in, so I would not immediately conclude that yours is in an odd enough spot to prevent pregnancy.  (You do have periods, right?)
ps -- if you think there is a connection to your inability to get pregnant, you might consider getting an MRI of your uterus.  It will be able to rule out any abnormality in the shape of your uterus.