Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Doctors Appointment Question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Doctors Appointment Question

Hey ladies I had my appointment to see if i was anywhere near Oing. And.....I have either already Oed or about to O. WHAT i dont get that either i have a follicle or i don't right? am i getting it wrong. Anyway i think i am about to O because i got a + opk today. and more EWCM so i think that it is really close. but i have another Q we BD last night and i am not sure if we will be able to again tonight our son is sick and hasn't been sleeping well. So should i worry if we aren't able to get it in again tonight. and maybe BD over the lunch hour tomorrow? will we be ok? Or if we are able to get it in tonight and i O tomorrow will i be ok. i Know that sperm can live for 4-5 days but you all know what its like you want to make sure that you have the best chances! Ok any help is much appreciated
Amanda
My doc is always able to say if I ovulated yet or not.  This is very strange that they gave you no answer....
I think you supposed to bd every other day until after you O.
Good luck!
Yes, I hear bd every other day.  So you should be good and have this covered if you can't bd tonight, but do tomorrow.  Sperm does live several days and your egg can live 12 - 24 hrs also after ovulation.  So, it sounds like you've got it covered.  Enjoy BD.  (-:
How does your doc know if you have ovulated yet??
I dont go to a ob-gyn.. I go to a regualar family doctor.. is that the problem??
I am not sure how they could tell if i had Ovulated becuase they didnt really explain it. but i know that i did ovulate on 12/5 becuase of the ovulation pain i had it was excrutiating. you might go to a obgyn but i dont know if you family doc is helping you with anything. How long have you been trying?
YES, go to an OB at least and if you've been trying over a year get a referral for an RE right away!  If you're over 35 go to an RE even sooner.   My OB gives me blood tests to check for ovulation.  He checks my progesteron on cd 21 (post ovution) anything above 5 - 6 means you ovulated.  He also checks my FSH and Estradiol levels on cd 3 & cd 10.  They can give more info. about ovulation.  However,  most woman on this forum have ultra sounds to check for follicle size, growth etc. That is the best way to check for ovulation.  I'm hoping to go that route if this month isn't successful for me.

Hope you get a big fat belly soon.  (-:
I am pretty intimidated by other docs, so I am sticking tight to my family doc right now. She has given me Metformin to take! If I am not pregnant in the next 6 months, I am going to move to a GYN. I have been trying for 10 months... and have PCOS, of course. No ovulation.. I did have a natural period the month of October, and November but I am unsure if I ovulated.
I just wanted to keep things simple, if I could.
Thank you for explaining that to me, I was not sure how everyone had this amount of knowledge. Bet everyone has to be at the doc A LOT!
Oh, I am only 21.
Once you start going to an RE you have to be there every few days for monitoring for approx first 2 weeks of your cycle.  That could be very inconvenient, but level of experties between RE and a Family dr is much greater.  Even my OBGyn was not as knowledgeble as the RE.  
I heard that once you O, the sonogram cannot prove that you actually did, but the blood level on CD21 does.  However before O, RE should always be able to see your follicles and determine their size.
Looks like you have everything under control this month.  Good Luck
Thanks Ladies!