Does AF always come on 14dpo?
When your cycle lengths differ, are you ovulating on different days? My cycles have been 29, 28, 29, 27, and now 28. Does that mean that I ovulated on day 15 of my cycle and then on 14 and so on or do you always ovulate on the same day and your period just comes on different days? I am planning to use an OPK this next time. I did one month the month my cycle was 27 days and I had positives on day 11 and 12. I am guessing that means I probably ovulated on day 13. Does that sound correct? I guess am not sure if it is always 14 days from the time you ovulate untill your period. Thanks for your help.
From what I have read the average woman ovulates 14 days before your period It doesn't matter how long/short your cycle is.  So if you cycle is 36 days youshould have ovulated on cd22. Even if the length of your cycle changes your leutal phase will not change.

For some people their leutal phase is shorter, like 12 days...for that particluar woman no matter how long or short her cycle is she will alway ovulate 12 days before her period.  

I think that anything less that 10 days is a problem that needs to be treated when it comes to ttc, because there will not be enough time for the egg to implant before the uterus lining starts shedding.
THank you that makes since. So I will know if I keep taking the OPK's and get a better idea when I ovulate and if my luteal phase is 14 days all the time. I think by the one month I took the OPK's it would be that my luteal phase was 14 days. Thank you.
M/Cs throw off your ovulation not you leutal phase....after miscarriage and ectopics some people do not ovulate right away or their ovulation is thrown off as well as their cycles....but to my knowledge the leutal phase doesn not change.  It just means that after a miscarriage if with a 14 day leutal phase you do not ovulate until 4 weeks after then your period will come in week 6.

I think it is the same with BCs.....the ovulation is thrown off, throwing off your cycle length...but the leutal phase remains the same.
You would have to know what your luteal phase is. "most" women are 14 but it differs person to person. Mine is twelve. most people will always have the same luteal phase (but that differs person to person also...especially if just coming off BC, your cycles might not be regulated or after a M/C).
I think it varies person to person....
when I worked in the OB office... I saw many people with varied Luteal phases... more often than not it was after coming off of BC or after a miscarriage due to flucuating hormone levels. :)