Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Does Chantix affect fertility?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Does Chantix affect fertility?

I just got a prescription for Chantix to quit smoking. My husband and I want to have children soon (ideally, get pregnant within a year), but obviously will wait to start trying until I complete the course of Chantix. All of the warnings say to not take Chantix if you are pregnant OR PLAN to become pregnant. Is this just because you should not get pregnant for the duration of taking the medication? Or will using Chantix affect my ability to get pregnant later (even after I complete the process of taking it)?
It just means its not a medication you want to take while pregnant. It won't affect your ability to get pregnant in the future.