Does a miscarriage cause late ovulation?
Hello!

I'm usually always on a very regular 28 day cycle, but last month my period came 2 days late.  It started out with a day of spotting, and then I woke up the next morning and it was VERY heavy, but that only lasted for a few hours, and then it went back to spotting and then quickly ended.  The whole thing only lasted 3 days.  I talked to my doctor and she suggested that I might have had a miscarriage.  This month I tracked my ovulation and ovulated on the 19th day of my cycle, which was about five days later than usual for me.  Then, this month's period ended up coming exactly five days late too.  Is it possible that I did miscarry, and that is what is throwing my cycle off?
It is possible. The only way to tell though is if you test postive for Hcg. Have you tested the day af is due? If it were a mc, you should test pos the day you are due. It may just be late ovulation, too. I have pretty normal cycles. But, now and then I get some really weird ones. I know they weren't mc, because I take tests every time I have a chance :)
I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks last month and I also usually have a very regular 28-30 day cycle.  It is Day 18 of my cycle this month and I still haven't ovulated.  I should ovulate in the next 3 days or so, but this is the latest I have ever O'd.
yes, MC's can mess up your cycle for a couple of months.